1. Abu-Ghazaleh AA, Schingoethe DJ, Hippen AR,
Kalscheur KF and LA Whitlock (2002) Fatty
acid profiles of milk and rumen digesta from
cows fed fish oil, extruded soybeans or their
blend. Journal of Dairy Science. 85: 2266-2276.
2. Akers RM (2002) Lactation and the mammary
gland. 278 pp. Iowa State Press. USA.
3. Anderson BM, MacLennan MB, Hillyer LM
and Ma DW (2014) Lifelong exposure to n-3
PUFA affects pubertal mammary gland
development. Applied Physiology, Nutrition
and Metabolism. 39: 699-706.
4. Bao Z, Lin J, Ye L, Zhang Q, Chen J, Yang Q
and Yu Q (2016) Modulation of mammary
gland development and milk production by
growth hormone expression in GH transgenic
goats. Frontiers in physiology. 7: 278-285.
5. Bauman DE, Mather IH, Wall RJ and Lock AL
(2006) Major advances associated with the
biosynthesis of milk. Journal of Dairy Science.
6. Bharathan M, Schingoethe DJ, Hippen AR,
Kalscheur KF, Gibson ML and Karges K
(2008) Conjugated linoleic acid increases in
milk from cows fed condensed corn distillers
solubles and fish oil. Journal of Dairy Science.
7. Chilliard Y, Ferlay A, Rouel J and Lamberet G
(2003) A review of nutritional and
physiological factors affecting goat milk lipid
synthesis and lipolysis. Journal of Dairy
Science. 86: 1751-1770.
8. Chilliard Y and Ferlay A (2004) Dietary lipids
and forages interactions on cow and goat milk
fatty acid composition and sensory properties.
Reproduction Nutrition Development. 44: 467-
9. Chilliard Y, Rouel J, Ferlay A, Bernard L,
Gaborit P, Raynal-Ljutovac K, Lauret A and
Leroux C (2006) Optimizing goat’s milk and
cheese fatty acid composition. Improving the
Fat Content of Foods. C. Williams, and J.
10. Cotor G, Pop A and Ghita M (2011) The effect
of ovine placenta extract on mammogenesis,
lactogenesis, and galactopoiesis in sheep.
Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal
Science. 35: 137-142.
11. Fatahnia F, Nikkhah A, Zamiri MJ and Kahrizi D
(2008) Effect of dietary fish oil and soybean oil
on milk production and composition of Holstein
cows in early lactation. Asian- Australian Journal
of Animal Science. 21: 386-391.
12. Heravi Mousavi AR, Gilbert RO, Overton TR,
Bauman DE and Butler WR (2007) Effects of
feeding fish meal and n-3 fatty acids on milk yield
and metabolic responses in early lactating dairy
cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 90: 136-144.
13. Javaheri Barfourooshi J (2016) Effect of
omega-3 on growth and development of
mammary tissue and lactation performance in
nulliparous dairy goats. Final Report of
Animal Science Research Institute. (In Persian)
14. Jenkins TC and McGuire MA (2006) Major
advances in nutrition: Impact on milk
composition. Journal of Dairy Science. 89:
15. Kouakou B, Lee JH and Kannan G (2009).
Effects of high soybean oil for goats in late
lactation on intake, milk composition and fatty
acid profile. Tropical and Subtropical Agro
ecosystems. 11: 233-236.
16. Lerias JL, Hernandez- Castellano LE, Suarez-
Trujillo A, Castro N, Pourlis A and Almeida
AM (2014) The mammary gland in small
ruminants: major morphological and functional
events underlying milk production- a review.
Journal of Dairy Research. 81: 304-318.
17. Lin Y and Li Q (2005) The regulation of
development and lactation of the mammary gland
by leptin. Journal of American Science. 1: 63-67.
18. Luna P, Bach A, Jua´rez M and de la Fuente
MA (2008) Influence of diets rich in flax seed
and sunflower oil on the fatty acid composition
of ewes’ milk fat especially on the level of
conjugated linoleic acid, n-3 and n-6 fatty
acids. International Dairy Journal. 18: 99-107.
19. McGregor AB (2018) The effects of nutrition and
parity on the development and productivity of
Angora goats: 3. Effects of six combinations of
mid pregnancy and postnatal nutrition on udder
development, lactation, milk composition and net
energy of milk production. Small Ruminant
20. National Research Council (2007) Nutrient
Requirements of Small Ruminants: Sheep,
Goats, Cervids, and new world Camelids. The
National Academic Press, Washington, DC.
21. Ordway RS, Ishler VA and Varga GA (2002)
Effects of sucrose supplementation on dry
matter intake, milk yield, and blood
metabolites of periparturient Holstein dairy
cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 85: 879-888.
22. Petit H (2003) Digestion, milk production,
milk composition, and blood composition of
dairy cows fed formaldehyde treated flaxseed
or sunflower seed. Journal of Dairy Science.
23. Rego O, Rosa H, Portugal P, Cordeiro R,
Borba A, Vouzela C and Bessa RJB (2005)
Influence of dietary fish oil on conjugated
linoleic acid, omega-3 and other fatty acids in
milk fat from grazing dairy cows. Livestock
Production Science. 95: 27-33.
24. Titi H (2011) Effects of varying levels of
protected fat on performance of Shami goats
during early and mid-lactation. Turkish Journal
of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 35:67-74.
25. Zenebe T, Ahmed N, Kabeta T and Kebede G
(2014) Review on medical and nutrition value
of goat milk. Academic Journal of Nutrition. 3: