1. Amagase H, Petesch BL, Matsuura H, Kasuga S and Itakura Y (2001) Intake of garlic and its bioactive components. Journal of Nutrition 131(3): 955-962.
2. AOAC (2005) Association Official Methods of Analysis. 18th ed. AOAC International, Gaithersburg, MD.
3. Asghar A, Gray JI, Booren AM, Gomaa EA and Abouzeid MM (1991) Effects of supranutritional dietary vitamin E on subcellular deposition of α- tocopherol in the muscle and on pork quality. Journal of the Science Food and Agriculture 57: 31-34.
4. Botsoglou NA, Fletouris DJ, Papageorgiou GE, Vassilopoulos VN, Mantis AJ and Trakatellis AG (1994) Rapid, sensitive and specific thiobarbituric acid method for measuring lipid peroxidation in animal tissue, food and feedstuff sample. Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry 42: 1931-1937.
5. Brenes A and Rourab E (2010) Essential oils in poultry nutrition: Main effects and modes of action. Animal Feed Science and Technology 158: 1-14.
6. Castellini C, Mugnai C and Dal Bosco A (2002) Effect of organic production system on broiler carcass and meat quality. Meat Science 60: 219-225.
7. Gangwar P and Mohan G (1973) The effect of feeding different level of berseem leaf meal on growth patterns in chickens. Indian. Veterinary Journal 50: 76-78.
8. Grau A, Guardiola F, Grimpa S, Barroeta AC and Codony R (2001) Oxidative stability ofdark chicken meat through frozen storage: Influence of dietary fat and α-tocopherol and ascorbic acid supplementation. Poultry Science 80: 1630-1642.
9. Issa KJ, and Abo Omar JM (2012) Effect of garlic powder on performance and lipid profil of broilers. Journal of Animal Science 2(2): 62-68.
10. Jang IS, Ko YH, Kang SY and Lee CY (2006) Effect of a commercial essential oil on growth performance, digestive enzyme activity and intestinal microflora population in broiler chickens. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology 134(3): 304-315.
11. Jefferson WN, Pedilla-Banks E and Newbold RR (2007) Disruption of the female reproductive system bythe phytoestrogen genisrein. ReproductiveToxicology 23: 308-316.
12. Jensen C, Lauridsen C and Bertelsen G (1998) Dietary vitamin E: quality and storage stability of pork and poultry. Trends in Food Science and Technology 9: 62-72.
13. Kalantari Neistanaki M, Saki AA, Zamani P and Aliarabi H (2011) Effect of drinking thyme essence on performance,energy and protein efficiency and economical indices of broiler chickens. Pajouhesh and Sazandegi (In Animal Science) 24(3): 59-67. (in Persian)
14. Khosravinia H, Alirezaei M, Ghasemi S and Nemati Sh (2015) Effect of Satureja khuzistanica essential oils on antioxidative potential and postmortem pH of breast muscle in heat stressed broiler chicken. Journal of Veterinary Research 70(2): 227-234. (in Persian)
15. Khosravinia H, Ghasemi S and Rafiei Alavi E (2013) Effect of savory (Satureja khuzistanica) essential oils on performance, liver and kidney functions in broiler chicks. Journal of Animal Feed Science 22: 50-55.
16. Khosravinia H, Shahsavari R and Ghasemi S (2012) Effect of adding Satureja khuzistanica essential oils to drinking water, on chemical composition, profil of fatty acids and cholesterol levels of breast and thigh muscles in broiler chickens. Journal of Animal and Poultry Research 1(4): 47-58. (in Persian)
17. Kim YJ, Jin SK and Yang HS (2009) Effect of dietary garlic bulb and husk on the physiochemichal properties on chicken meat. Poultry Science 89: 366-370.
18. Konjufca VH, Pesti GM and Bakalli RI (1997) Modulation of cholesterol levels in broiler meat by dietary garlic and copper. Poultry Science 76: 1264-1271.
19. Luna A, Labaque MC, Zygadlo JA and Marin RH (2010) Effects of thymol and carvacrol feed supplementation on lipid oxidation in broiler meat. Poultry Science 88: 1663-1666
20. Muhammad A, Mian MA and Dourani FR (2000) Effect of different dietary levels of Egyptian clover on broiler performance. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science 3 (7): 1086-1087.
21. Offer G and Cousins T (1992) The mechanism of drip production-formation of 2 compartments of extracellular-space in muscle postmortem. Journal of Science Food and Agriculture 58: 107-116.
22. Offer G, Knight P, Jeacocke R, Almond R, Cousins T, Elsey J, Parsons N, Starr R and Purslow P (1989) The structural basis of the water- holding, appearance and toughness of
meat and meat products. Food Microstructure 8: 151-170. 23. Onibi GB, Adebisi OE and Fajemisin AW (2009) Response of broiler chickens in terms of performance and meat quality to garlic (Allium sativum) supplementation. African Journal of Agricaltural Research 4: 511-517.
24. Reisi M, Osat SA, Hoseini A, Pasha Zanosi MB and Rofchai A (2011) Effect of duration and amount of garlic powder on growth and ontibody titers against Newcastel and Gambro vaccine in broiler chicken. Journal of Herbal Medicines 2(4): 275-285. (in Persian)
25. Safamehr A, Chavoshi F and Nobakht A (2017) Effects of thyme and satureja with and without enzyme on performance, blood parameters and immune in broiler chicken. Animal Production Research 16: 70-78. (in Persian)
26. SAS Institute (2004) SAS User’s Guide. Statistical Analytical System. Carry, NC, SAS Institute Inc.
27. Shahriari A, Jafari R, Fatemi Tabatabaie SRand Mami S (2012) Effect of garlic powder on
cholesterol levels of serum, liver and muscles broiler chicken. Journal of Veterinary 8(3): 39- 44. (in Persian)
28. Stanasev V, Glamocic D, Milosevic N, Peric L, Puaca N, Syanacev V, Milic D and Plavsa N (2012) Influence of garlic (Allium sativum L) and copper as phytoadditives in the feed on the content of cholesterol in the tissues of the chickens. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 6: 2816-2819.
29. Yeganehparast M., A.R. Jafari Arvari, M. Khojastehkey, S.M. Hashemi (2018) Effects of different levels of savory essential oil in drinking water on performance, some carcass characteristics, immunity and hematology of broiler chicks. Animal Science Journal (Pajouhesh and Sazandegi) 120: 19-34.
30. Zadehamiri1, M., M.d Bojarpour, S. Salari, M. Mamoueei and M. Ghorbanpour (2014) Effect of Different Levels of Essential Oil of Satureja Hortensis on Performance, Carcass Characteristics and Some Immune and Blood Parameters of Broiler Chickens. Research on Animal Production 5(9).