1. Bertoni G, Trevisi E and Piccioli-Cappelli F (2004) Effects of acetyl-salicylate used in postcalving of dairy cows. Veterinary Research Communications 28: 217-219.
2. Collier RJ, Hall LW, Rungruang S and Zimbleman RB (2012) Quantifying heat stress and its impact on metabolism and performance. Department of Animal Sciences University of Arizona 68.
3. Combs JR and McClung JP (2016) The vitamins: fundamental aspects in nutrition and health. Academic press.
4. Farney J, Mamedova L, Coetzee J, Minton J, Hollis L and Bradford B (2013) Sodium salicylate treatment in early lactation increases wholelactation milk and milk fat yield in mature dairy cows. Journal of dairy science 96: 7709-7718.
5. Gaughan J, Mader TL, Holt S and Lisle A (2008) A new heat load index for feedlot cattle. Journal of Animal Science 86: 226-234.
6. Goldfine AB, Silver R, Aldhahi W, Cai D, Tatro E, Lee J and Shoelson SE (2008) Use of salsalate to target inflammation in the treatment of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Clinical and translational science 1: 36-43.
7. Guo W, Zhen L, J Zhang J, Lian S, Si H, Guo J and Yang H (2017) Effect of feeding Rumenprotected capsule containing niacin, K2SO4, vitamin C, and gamma-aminobutyric acid on heat stress and performance of dairy cows. Journal of thermal biology 69: 249-253.
8. Hammami H, Bormann J, Mohamdi J, Montaldo HH and Gengler N (2013) Evaluation of heat stress effects on production traits and somatic cell score of Holsteins in a temperate environment. Journal of Dairy Science 96: 1844-1855.
9. Harmon R (1994) Physiology of mastitis and factors affecting somatic cell counts. Journal of dairy science 77: 2103-2112.
10. Havlin J and Robinson P (2015) Intake, milk production and heat stress of dairy cows fed a citrus extract during summer heat. Animal Feed Science and Technology 208: 23-32.
11. Hidiroglou M (1999) Forms and route of vitamin C supplementation for cows. Journal of dairy science 82: 1831-1833.
12. Holowatz LA, Jennings JD, Lang JA and Kenney WL (2010) Systemic low-dose aspirin and clopidogrel independently attenuate reflex cutaneous vasodilation in middle-aged humans. Journal of applied physiology 108: 1575-1581.
13. Matsui T (2012) Vitamin C nutrition in cattle. Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences
14. Morkoc A, Hurley W, Whitmore H and Gustafsson B (1993) Bovine acute mastitis: Effects of intravenous sodium salicylate on endotoxin-induced intramammary inflammation. Journal of dairy science 76: 2579-2588.
15. Naresh R, Dwivedi S, Swarup D and Patra R (2002) Evaluation of ascorbic acid treatment in clinical and subclinical mastitis of Indian dairy cows. Asian-australasian journal of animal sciences 15: 90- 95.
16. Padilla L, Matsui T, Ikeda S, Kitagawa M and Yano H (2007) The effect of vitamin C supplementation on plasma concentration and urinary excretion of vitamin C in cattle. Journal of animal science 85: 3367-3370.
17. Patra R, Swarup D, Dwivedi S and Naresh R (2018) Evaluation of Ascorbic Acid Treatment in Clinical and Subclinical Mastitis of Indian Dairy Cows. Asian-Australian Journal of Animal Scinces 15:25-33.
18. Robitaille L and Hoffer LJ (2016) A simple method for plasma total vitamin C analysis suitable for routine clinical laboratory use. Nutrition Journal 15:40.
19. Roche J, Bell A, Overton T and Loor JJ (2013) Nutritional management of the transition cow in the 21st century–a paradigm shift in thinking. Animal Production Science 53: 1000-1023.
20. Sahin K, Onderci M, Sahin N, Gursu M and Kucuk O (2003) Dietary vitamin C and folic acid supplementation ameliorates the detrimental effects of heat stress in Japanese quail. The Journal of nutrition 133: 1882-1886.
21. Sanchez NB, Chaffin R, Carroll C, Chase JR, Coleman S and Spiers D (2013) Heat-tolerant versus heat-sensitive Bos Taurus cattle: influence of air temperature and breed on the metabolic response to a provocative immune challenge. Domestic animal endocrinology 45: 180-186.
22. Santos M, Lima F, Rodrigues P, Barros S and da Fonseca LL (2001) Plasma ascorbate concentrations are not correlated with milk somatic cell count and metabolic profile in lactating and dry cows. Journal of dairy science 84: 134-139.
23. Sordillo LM and Aitken SL (2009) Impact of oxidative stress on the health and immune function of dairy cattle. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 128: 104-109.
24. Trevisi E and Bertoni G (2008) Attenuation with acetylsalicylate treatments of inflammatory conditions in periparturient dairy cows. Aspirin and health research progress 21: 22-37.
25. Weiss W and Hogan J (2007) Effects of dietary vitamin C on neutrophil function and responses to intramammary infusion of lipopolysaccharide in periparturient dairy cows. Journal of dairy science 90: 731-739.