1. Bagherzadeh-Kasmani F and Mehri M (2015)
Effects of a multi-strain probiotics against
aflatoxicosis in growing Japanese quails.
Livestock Science, 177: 110-116.
2. Bai M, Liu H, Xu K, Oso AO, Wu X, Liu G,
Tossou MC, Al-Dhabi NA, Duraipandiyan V,
Xi Q and Yin Y (2017) A review of the
immunomodulatory role of dietary tryptophan
in livestock and poultry. Amino Acids, 49(1):
3. Bravo R, Matito S, Cubero J, Paredes SD, Franco
L, Rivero M, Rodríguez AB and Barriga C
(2013) Tryptophan-enriched cereal intake
improves nocturnal sleep, melatonin, serotonin,
and total antioxidant capacity levels and mood in
elderly humans. Age, 35(4): 1277-85.
4. Chen J, Chen K, Yuan S, Peng X, Fang J,
Wang F, Cui H, Chen Z, Yuan J and Geng Y
(2016) Effects of aflatoxin B1 on oxidative
stress markers and apoptosis of spleens in
broilers. Toxicology and Industrial Health,
5. Chen X, Du W and Liu D (2008) Response
surface optimization of biocatalytic biodiesel
production with acid oil. Biochemical
Engineering Journal, 40(3): 423-9.
6. Chen X, Naehrer K and Applegate TJ (2016)
Interactive effects of dietary protein concentration
and aflatoxin B1 on performance, nutrient
digestibility, and gut health in broiler chicks.
Poultry Science, 95(6): 1312-25.
7. Cupp MJ and Tracy TS (2003) Dimethylglycine
(N, N-Dimethylglycine). Dietary supplements:
Springer. pp. 149-60.
8. Essiz DI, Altintas L and Das YK (2006)
Effects of aflatoxin and various adsorbents on
plasma malondialdehyde levels in quails.
Bulletin of the Veterinary Institute in Pulawy,
9. Faix Š, Faixová Z, Plachá I and Koppel J
(2009) Effect of Cinnamomum zeylanicum
essential oil on antioxidative status in broiler
chickens. Acta Veterinaria Brno, 78(3): 411-7.
10. Hussein MR, Ahmed OG, Hassan AF and
Ahmed MA (2007) Intake of melatonin is
associated with amelioration of physiological
changes, both metabolic and morphological
pathologies associated with obesity: an animal
model. International Journal of Experimental
Pathology, 88(1): 19-29.
11. Ifeanyichukwu CE, Joseph OA, Mohammed
UK and Aliyu M (2017) Ameliorative effects
of betaine and ascorbic acid on erythrocyte
osmotic fragility and malondialdehyde
concentrations in broiler chickens during the
hot-dry season. Journal of Applied Animal
Research, 46(1): 380-385.
12. Khanipour S, Mehri M, Bagherzadeh‐Kasmani F,
Maghsoudi A and Assadi Soumeh E (2019)
Excess dietary tryptophan mitigates aflatoxicosis
in growing quails. Journal of Animal Physiology
and Animal Nutrition, 103(5): 1462-73.
13. Kim K, Oh CM, Ohara-Imaizumi M, Park S,
Namkung J, Yadav VK, Tamarina NA, Roe MW,
Philipson LH, Karsenty G and Nagamatsu S
(2015) Functional role of serotonin in insulin
secretion in a diet-induced insulin-resistant state.
Endocrinology, 156(2): 444-52.
14. Liu Y, Yuan JM, Zhang LS, Zhang YR, Cai
SM, Yu JH and Xia ZF (2015) Effects of
tryptophan supplementation on growth
performance, antioxidative activity, and meat
quality of ducks under high stocking density.
Poultry Science, 94(8): 1894-901.
15. Mehri M (2014) Optimization of response
surface and neural network models in
conjugation with desirability function for
estimation of nutritional needs of methionine,
lysine, and threonine in broiler chickens.
Poultry Science, 93(7): 1862-1867.
16. Mir NA, Rafiq A, Kumar F, Singh V and
Shukla V (2017) Determinants of broiler
chicken meat quality and factors affecting
them: a review. Journal of Food Science and
Technology, 54(10): 2997-3009.
17. Montgomery DC (2008) Design and Analysis
of Experiments. John Wiley and Sons, Inc New
York, USA. pp. 300-301.18. Myers RH and Montgomery DC (2009)
Response surface methodology: process and
product optimization under designed
experiments. 3rd ed. Wiley and Sons, New York.
19. Patil RJ, Sirajudeen M, Tyagi JS, Moudgal RP
and Mohan J (2013) In vivo Efficacy of
Melatonin and L-Tryptophan Against
Aflatoxin Induced Endogenous Toxicities in
Broiler Chickens. Animal Nutrition and Feed
Technology, 13(1): 117-124.
20. Pierron A, Alassane-Kpembi I and Oswald IP
(2016) Impact of mycotoxin on immune
response and consequences for pig health.
Animal Nutrition, 2(2): 63-68.
21. Rosebrough RW (1996) Crude protein and
supplemental dietary tryptophan effects on
growth and tissue neurotransmitterlevels in the
broiler chicken. British Journal of Nutrition,
22. Salem R, El-Habashi N, Fadl SE, Sakr OA and
Elbialy ZI (2018) Effect of probiotic supplement
on aflatoxicosis and gene expression in the liver
of broiler chicken. Environmental Toxicology
and Pharmacology, 60: 118-127.
23. Sirajudeen M, Kandasamy G, Jagbir ST, Ram
Phal M, Jag M and Ram S (2009) Protective
Effects of Melatonin in Reduction of Oxidative
Damage and Immunosuppression Induced by
Aflatoxin B1-Contaminated Diets in Young
Chicks. Environmental Toxicology, 26(2):
24. Turkoz Y, Celik O, Hascalik S, Cigremis Y,
Hascalik M, Mizrak B and Yologlu S (2004)
Melatonin reduces torsion–detorsion injury in
rat ovary: biochemical and histopathologic
evaluation. Journal of Pineal Research, 37(2):
25. Zhang H, Yin J. Li D, Zhou X and Li X (2007)
Tryptophan enhances ghrelin expression and
secretion associated with increased food intake
and weight gain in weanling pigs. Domestic
Animal Endocrinology, 33: 47-61.