1. Abou-Zeina AA, Zaghawa AA, Nasr M and Keshta HE (2008) Effects of dietary cobalt deficiency on performance, blood and metabolizes and liver pathology in sheep. Journal of Global Veterinaria 2(4): 182-191.
2. Al-Habsi K. Johnson EH, Kadim IT, Srikandakumar A, Annamalai K, Al-Busaidy R and Mahgoub O (2007) Effects of low concentrations of dietary cobalt on liveweight gains, haematology, serum vitamin B12 and biochemistry of Omani goats. The Veterinary Journal 173: 131-137.
3. Aliarabi A, Bayervand M, Bahari A, Zamani1 P, Fadayifar A and Alimohamady R (2017) Effect of feeding slow-release bolus of zinc, selenium and cobalt on growth performance and some blood metabolites of Markhoz male goats. Iranian Journal of Animal Science 47 (4) 507-517. (in Persian)
4. Aliarabi H and Fadayifar A (2015) Effect of slow-release bolus on some blood metabolites and lambing performance of ewes. Iranian Journal of Animal Science Research 7 (1): 23- 33. (in Persian)
5. AOAC (1990) Official Methods for Analysis, 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA, pp. 69-90.
6. Babaie M, Chashnidel Y and Dirandeh A (2016) Effect of cobalt and barley grain processing on performance, digestibility of nutrients and rumen and blood parameters in fattening lambs. Animal Production Research 5(1): 1-13. (in Persian)
7. Barnett AG and Reide RL (1957) Studies on the production of volatile fatty acid production from fresh grass. The Journal of Agricultural Science (Camb) 48: 315-321.
8. Bishesari Sh, Aliarabi H and Tabatabaye SMM (2012) Effects of different levels of dietary cobalt on performance, plasma vitamin B12 concentration and microbial protein synthesis in Mehraban male lambs. Iranian Journal of Animal Science 43 (1): 23-31. (in Persian)
9. Bishehsari S, Tabatabaei MM, Aliarabi H, Alipour D, Zamani P and Ahmadi A (2010) Effect of dietary cobalt supplementation on plasma and rumen metabolites in Mehraban lambs. Small Ruminant Research 90(1):170-173.
10. Broderick GA and Kang J (1980) Automated simultaneous determination of ammonia and total amino acids in ruminanl fluid and in vitro media. Journal of Diary Science 63: 64-75.
11. Dehority BA (1993) Laboratory manual for classification and morphology of rumen ciliate protozoa. CRC Press, pp. 120.
12. Dezfoulian AH and Aliarabi H (2017) A comparison between different concentrations and sources of cobalt in goat kid nutrition. Animal 11(4): 600-6007.
13. Dezfoulian SAH, Aliarabi H and Bahari A (2017) The effect of cobalt source and level on serum vitamin B12, performance and feed digestibility of male goat kids. Journal of Animal Science Researches 27(1): 173-187. (in Persian)
14. Johnson EH, Al-Habsi K, Kaplan E, Srikandakumar A, Kadim IT, Annamalai K, AL-Busaidy R, Mahgoub O (2004) Caprine hepatic lipidosis induced through the intake of low levels of dietary cobalt. The Veterinary Journal 168(2): 174-179.
15. Kadim IT, Johnson EH, Mahgoub O, Srikandakumar A Al-Ajmi DS, Ritchie A, Annamalai K and Al-Halhali AS (2003) Effect of low levels of dietary cobalt on apparent nutrient digestibility in Omani goats. Animal Feed Science and Technology 109: 209-216.
16. Kaneko JJ, Harvay JW and Bruss ML (2008) Clinical biochemistry of domestic animals. Academic Press.
17. Kennedy DG, Blanchflower WJ, Scott JM, Weir DG, Molloy AM, Kennedy S and Young PB (1992) Cobalt-vitamin B12 deficiency decreases methionine synthase activity and phospholipid methylation in sheep. Journal of Nutrition 122: 1384-1390.
18. Kennedy DG, Harte FPMO, Blanchflower WJ and Rice DA (1991) Sequential changes in propionate metabolism during the development of cobalt/vitamin B12 deficiency in sheep. Biological Trace Element Research 28: 233-241.
19. Kincaid R, Lefebvre L, Cronrath J, Socha M and Johnon A (2003) Effect of dietary cobalt supplementation on cobalt metabolism and performance of dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science 86: 1405-1414.
20. McDowell LR (2000) Vitamins in Animal and Human Nutrition. 2nd Ed. Iowa State University Press, USA.
21. Nasser MEA (2010). Influence of dietary cobalt on performance, nutrient digestibility and rumen activity in lambs. Lucrări Ştiinţifice 53: 313-318.
22. NRC (2007) National Research Council (Nutrient requirements of small ruminants: sheep, goats, cervids, and new world camelids. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.USA.
23. Rimbach G, Walter A, Most E and Pallauf J (998) Effect of microbial phytase on zinc bioavailability and cadmium and lead accumulation in growing rats. Food and Chemical Toxicology 36(1): 7-12.
24. Suttle NF (2010) The mineral nutrition of livestock. 4thEd. CABI Publishing Co., New
25. Tiffany ME, Spears JW and Horton J (2003) Influence of supplemental cobalt source and concentration on performance, vitamin B12 status, and ruminal and plasma metabolites in growing and finishing steers. Journal of Animal Science 81: 3151-3159.
26. Vansoest PJ, Robertson JB and Lewis BA (1991) Method for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber and non-starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science 74: 3583-3597.
27. Wang RL, Kong XH, Zhang YZ, Zhu XP and Jia ZH (2007) Influence of dietary cobalt on performance, nutrient digestibility and plasma metabolites in lambs. Animal Feed Science and Technology 135(3): 346-352.
28. Zelenak I, Jalc D, Placha I, Svlatko P, Vendrak T, Siroka P and Gyulai F (1992) The effect of copper and cobalt supplementation on the digestibility of fibrous feed in sheep. Veterinarni Medicina 37(4): 221-229.
29. Zhang W, Wang R, Kleemann DO, Lu D, Zhu X, Zhang C and Jia Z (2008) Effects of dietary copper on nutrient digestibility, growth performance and plasma copper status in cashmere goats. Small Ruminant Research 74: 188-193.