1. Barazandeh A, Mohammadabadi MR, Ghaderi M and Nezamabadipour H (2016) Predicting CpG islands and their relationship with genomic feature in cattle by hidden Markov model algorithm. J. App. Anim. Sci. 6: 571579. (in Persian)
2. Brandis G and Hughes D (2016) The selective advantage of synonymous codon usage bias in Salmonella. PLoS Genetics, 12: e926-1005.
3. Bulmer M (1991) The selection-mutation-drift theory of synonymous codon usage. Genetics, 129: 897-907.
4. Hajjari M, Sadeghi I, Salavaty A, Nasiri H and Birgani MT (2016) Tissue specific expression
levels of apoptosis involved genes have correlations with codon and amino acid usage. Genomics and Informatics, 14: 234.
5. Hasanzadeh S, Askari H and Sadeghnejad E (2011) Relationship between codon usage and gene expression. (in Persian)
6. Hiraoka Y, Kawamata K, Haraguchi T and Chikashige Y (2009) Codon usage bias is correlated with gene expression levels in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genes to Cells, 14: 499-509.
7. Jalali P, Rahimi Mianji GH, Gholizadeh M, Pakdin Pariz A (2018) Codon usage deviations and bioinformatics analysis of encoding sequence of Calpastatin gene in some mammalian species. J. of Ruminant Research, 6: 3. (in Persian)
8. Kurland C (1991) Codon bias and gene expression. FEBS Letters, 285: 165-169.
9. Lesecque Y, Mouchiroud D and Duret L (2013) GC-biased gene conversion in yeast is specifically associated with crossovers: molecular mechanisms and evolutionary significance. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 30: 1409-1419.
10. Misawa K and Kikuno RF (2011) Relationship between amino acid composition and gene expression in the mouse genome. BMC Research Notes, 20: 4.
11. Makedonka M, Michael CW, John M, Todd W, Yong Y, Allan L, John P, Robert HW, James PM(2006) Codon usage patterns in Nematoda: analysis based on over 25 million codons in thirty-two species. Genome Biology, 7(8): R75.
12. Novoa EM, Pavon-Eternod M, Pan T, de Pouplana LR (2012) A role for tRNA modifications in genome structure and codon usage. Cell, 149: 202-213.
13. Pasandideh M, Mohammadabadi M, Esmailizadeh A and Tarang A (2015) Association of bovine PPARGC1A and OPN genes with milk production and composition in Holstein cattle. Czech Journal of Animal Science, 60: 97-104.
14. Plotkin JB and Kudla G (2011) Synonymous but not the same: the causes and consequences of codon bias. Nature Reviews Genetics, 12: 32.
15. Sahoo S, Das SS and Rakshit R (2019) Codon usage pattern and predicted gene expression in Arabidopsis thaliana. Gene, X2:100012.
16. Sharp PM and Li WH (1986) An evolutionary perspective on synonymous codon usage in unicellular organisms. Journal of Molecular Evolution, 24: 28-38.
17. Stenico M, Lloyd AT and Sharp PM (1994) Codon usage in Caenorhabditis elegans: delineation of translational selection and mutational biases. Nucleic Acids Research, 22: 2437-2446.
18. Sueoka N and Kawanishi Y (2000) DNA G+ C content of the third codon position and codon usage biases of human genes. Gene, 261: 53-62.
19. Wei Y, Wang J and Xia X (2016) Coevolution between stop codon usage and release factors in bacterial species. J. Mol. Biol. Evol. 33-9: 2357-2367.
20. Wright F (1990) The ‘effective number of codons’ used in a gene. Gene, 87: 23-29.
21. Wu Y, Zhao D and Tao J (2015) Analysis of codon usage patterns in herbaceous peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pall) based on transcriptome data. Genes, 6:1125-1139.
22. Yang X, Luo X and Cai X (2014) Analysis of codon usage pattern in Taenia saginata based on a transcriptome dataset. Parasites and Vectors, 7: 527.