1. Abolverdy M, Chaji M, Tabatabaivakili S, Mohammadabadi T, and Ghorbani MR (2017)
Effect of different dietary levels of thyme powder (Zataria multiflora Boiss) in diet on productive traits, internal organs and meat quality characteristics of Japanese quail. Veterinary Journal (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi) 114: 21-31. (in Persian)
2. MI (2006) Biochemical effect of copper sulfate, after chronic treatment in quail. Journal of Biological Sciences 6(6): 1077-1082.
3. Babaei H, Kheirandish R, and Ebrahimi L (2012) The effect of copper on histopathological and morphometrical changes of the rat testes. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine 2: 615-619.
4. Bagherzadeh-Kasmani F, Omodikia S, Mirzaei HR, and Mehri M (2014) Effects of Salvia
mirzayanii leaf powder on performance and cecal microbial population of broilers. Journal of Animal Production 16 (2):103-111. (in Persian)
5. Behradmanesh S, Derees F, and Rafieiankopaei M (2013) Effect of Salvia officinalis on diabetic patients. Renal Injury Prevention 2(2): 51-54.
6. Buijs S, Keeling L, Rettenbacher S, Van Poucke E, and Tuyttens F (2009) Stocking density effects on broiler welfare: Identifying sensitive ranges for different indicators. Poultry Science 88: 1536-1543.
7. Chiou PWS, Chen CL, Chen KL, and Wu CP (1999) Effect of high dietary copper on the morphology of gastro-intestinal tract in broiler chickens. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 12: 548-553.
8. Cinar M, Yildirim E, Yigit AA, Yalcinkaya I, Duru O, Kisa U, and Atmaca N (2014) Effects of dietary supplementation with vitamin C and vitamin E and their combination on growth performance, some biochemical parameters, and oxidative stress induced by copper toxicity in broilers. Biological Trace Element Research 158: 186-196.
9. Esmaeili MA, Sonboli A, Kanani MR, and Sadeghi H (2009) Salvia sahendica prevents tissue damages induced by alcohol in oxidative stress conditions: effect on liver and kidney oxidative parameters. Medicinal Plants Research 3: 276-283.
10. Gaetke LM, and Chow CK (2003) Copper toxicity, oxidative stress, and antioxidant nutrients. Toxicology 189: 147-163.
11. Gill BS, Pawar HS and Sing R (1995) Studies on different dietary copper levels in male white leghorn chicks. British Journal of Animal Science 10: 325- 329.
12. Hadian A, Jamili S, Pourkazemi M, Mashinchian A, and Yarmohammadi M (2016) Analysis of metallothionein gene structure in sterlet (Acipenser ruthenus) during copper exposure. Iranian Scientific Fisheries Journal 26 (1): 25-30. (in Persian)
13. Kamkar A, Shariatifar N, Jamshidi AH, and Mohammadian M (2010) Study of antioxidant functional of the water, methanol, and ethanol extracts of endemic cuminum cyminum L. and cardaria draba L. in the In-vitro systems. The Horizon of Medical Sciences 16: 37-44.
14. Kianbakht S, Abasi B, Perham M, and Hashem Dabaghian F (2011) Antihyperlipidemic effects of Salvia officinalis L. leaf extract in patients with hyperlipidemia: a randomized
double‐blind placebo‐controlled clinical trial. Phytotherapy Research, 25: 1849-1853.
15. Marron L, Bedford MR, and McCracken KJ (2001) The effects of adding xylanase, vitamin
C and copper sulphate to wheat-based diets on broiler performance. British Poultry Science,
16. Miles RD, O'keefe SF, Henry PR, Ammerman CB, and Luo XG (1998) The effect of dietary supplementation with copper sulfate or tribasic copper chloride on broiler performance, relative
copper bioavailability, and dietary prooxidant activity. Poultry Science 77: 416-425.
17. Moneva P, Popova-Ralcheva S, Gudev D, Sredkova V, and Yanchev I (2008) Study on the metabolic implication of supplemental tryptophan in exposed to stress chickens. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science 14: 424-431.
18. NRC (1994) Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. 9th rev. ed. Natl. Acad. Press, Washington, DC.
19. Oboh G, and Henle T (2009) Antioxidant and inhibitory effects of aqueous extracts of Salvia officinalis leaves on pro-oxidant-induced lipid peroxidation in brain and liver in vitro.
Medicinal Food 12: 77-84.
20. Rice-Evans C, Miller NJ, and Paganga G (1997) Antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds. Trends in Plant Science 2: 152-159.
21. Samanta B, Ghosh PR, Biswas A, and Das SK (2011) The effects of copper supplementation on the performance and hematological parameters of broiler chickens. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 24: 1001-1006.
22. Shim KF, and Pran V. (1984) A review of the nutrition of Japanese quail. World's Poultry
Science Journal, 40: 261-274.
23. Vanhoutte PM (1993) Other endothelium-derived vasoactive factors. Circulation 87: 9-17.
24. Yang Z, Qi XM, Yang HM, Dai H, Xu CX, and Wang ZY (2018) Effects of dietary copper
on growth performance, slaughter performance and nutrient content of fecal in growing goslings from 28 to 70 days of age. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science 20:45-52.
25. Yannakopoulos AL, Tserveni-Gousi AS, and Zervas G (1990) Effect of dietary copper
sulphate on the performance of growing Japanese quail. The Journal of Agricultural Science 115: 291-293.