1. Afzalzadeh A, Palizdar MH, Mahmoudzadeh H, and Niasari-Naslaji A (2010) Effect of fat supplementation during transition period on plasma leptin and non-esterified fatty acid concentrations in Holstein cows. Animal Science Journal 81: 309-315 .
2. Badiei A, Aliverdilou A, Amanlou H, Beheshti M, Dirandeh E, Masoumi R, Moosakhani F, and Petit HV (2014) Postpartum responses of dairy cows supplemented with n-3 fatty acids for different durations uring the peripartal period. Journal of dairy science 97: 6391-6399 .
3. Block E (2010) Transition Cow Research- What Makes Sense Today? High Plains Dairy Conference: 75- 98 .
4. Choi BR, Palmquist D, and Allen M ) 2000 ( Cholecystokinin mediates depression of feed intake in dairy cattle fed high fat diets. Domestic Animal Endocrinology 19(3): 159-175 .
5. Chouinard PY, Girard V, and Brisson GJ ) 1998 ( Fatty Acid Profile and Physical Properties of Milk Fat from Cows fed Calcium Salts of Fatty Acids with Varying Unsaturation. Journal of dairy science 81: 471-481 .
6. Dirandeh E , Towhidi A, Zeinoaldini S, Ganjkhanlou M, Pirsaraei ZA, and ouladi-Nashta AF (2013) Effects of different polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementations during the postpartum periods of early lactating dairy cows on milk yield, metabolic responses, and reproductive performances. Journal of animal
science 91: 713-721 .
7. Freitas Júnior JE, Rennó FP, Gandra JR, Rennó LN, Rego AC, Santos MV, Oliveira MDS, and Takiya CS ) 2014 ( Addition of unsaturated fatty acids improves digestion of mid lactating dairy cows. Archivos de zootecnia 63: 563-573 .
8. Gandra JR, Freitas J, Jose E, Marurna Filipo M, Barletta RV, Verdurico LC, and Renno FOP (2014) Soybean oil and calcium salts of fatty acids as fat sources for Holstein dairy cows in transition period. evista Brasileira de Saúde e Produção Animal 15: 83-93 .
9. Harvatine KJ, and Allen MS (2005) The Effect of Production Level on Feed Intake, Milk Yield, and Endocrine Responses to Two Fatty Acid Supplements in Lactating Cows. Journal of dairy science 88: 018-4027 .
10. Harvatine KJ, and Allen MS (2006) Effects of fatty acid supplements on milk yield and energy balance of lactating dairy cows. Journal of dairy science 89: 1081-1091 .
11. Hayirli A, Keisler DH, Doepel L, and Petit H (2011) Peripartum responses of dairy cows to prepartal feeding level and dietary fatty acid source. J Dairy Sci 94(2): 917-930 .
12. Kirovski D, Blond B, Katić M, Marković R, and Šefer D (2015) Milk yield and composition, body condition, rumen characteristics, and blood metabolites of dairy cows fed diet supplemented with palm il. Chemical and Biological Technologies in Agriculture 2: 1-5.
13. Lock AL, Preseault CL, Rico JE, DeLand KE, and Allen MS (2013) Feeding a C16:0- enriched fat supplement increased the yield of milk fat and improved conversion of feed to milk. Journal of dairy science 96: 6650-6659 .
14. Mathews AT, Rico JE, Sprenkle NT, Lock AL, and McFadden JW (2016) Increasing palmitic acid intake enhances milk production and prevents glucose-stimulated fatty acid disappearance without modifying systemic glucose tolerance in mid-lactation dairy cows. Journal of dairy science 99: 8802-8816 .
15. NRC (2001) Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle. Natl. Acad. Sci., Washington, DC. 7th rev. ed .
16. Palmquist DL (2010 ( Essential fatty acids in ruminant diets. The Ohio State University: 127-142 .
17. Pavkovych S, Vovk S, Kruzhel and B (2015) Protected lipids and fatty acids in cattle feed rations. Acta ci. Pol. Zootechnica 14: 3-14 .
18. Piantoni P, Lock AL, and Allen MS (2013) Palmitic acid increased yields of milk and milk fat and nutrient digestibility across production level of lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science 96: 7143-7154 .
19. Piantoni P, Lock AL, and Allen MS (2015) Milk production responses to dietary stearic acid vary by roduction level in dairy cattle. Journal of dairy science 98: 1938-1949 .
20. Purushothaman, S., A. Kumar, and D. P. Tiwari (2008) Effect of Feeding Calcium Salts of Palm Oil Fatty Acids on Performance of Lactating Crossbred Cows. Asian-Aust. Journal of Animal Science 21: 376-385 .
21. Rabiee AR, Breinhild K, Scott W, Golder HM, Block E, and Lean IJ (2012) Effect of fat additions to diets of dairy cattle on milk production and components: A meta-analysis
and meta-regression. journal of dairy science 95: 3225-3247 .
22. Reis MM, Cooke RF, Ranches J, and Vasconcelos JLM (2012) Effects of calcium salts of polyunsaturated fatty acids on productive and reproductive parameters of lactating Holstein cows. Journal of dairy science 95: 7039-7050 .
23. Relling AE, and Reynolds CK (2007) Feeding Rumen-Inert Fats Differing in Their Degree of Saturation Decreases Intake and Increases Plasma Concentrations of Gut Peptides in Lactating Dairy Cows. Journal of dairy science 90: 1506-1515 .
24. Rennó FP, Júnior JEF, Gandra JR, Filho MM, Verdurico LC, Rennó LN, Barletta RV, and Vilela FG (2014) Effect of unsaturated fatty acid supplementation on digestion, metabolism and nutrient balance in dairy cows during the transition period and early lactation. Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia 43: 212-223 .
25. Salehi R, Colazo MG, Oba M, and Ambrose DJ (2016) Effects of prepartum diets supplemented with rolled oilseeds on calf birth weight, postpartum health, feed intake, milk yield, and reproductive performance of dairy cows. Journal of dairy science 99: 3584-3597 .
26. Sciascia QL, Pacheco D, and McCoard SA (2015) Administration of Exogenous Growth Hormone Is Associated with Changes in Plasma and Intracellular Mammary AminoAcid Profiles and Abundance of the Mammary Gland Amino Acid Transporter SLC3A2 in Mid-Lactation Dairy Cows. PLOS ONE: 1-14 .
27. Stoffel CM, Crump PM, and Armentano LE (2015) Effect of dietary fatty acid supplements, varying in fatty acid composition, on milk fat secretion in dairy cattle fed diets supplemented to less than 3% total fatty acids. Journal of dairy science 98: 431-442 .
28. Useni BA, Muller CJC, and Cruywagen CW (2018) Pre- and postpartum effects of starch and fat in dairy cows: A review. South African Journal of Animal Science 48: 413-426 .
29. Wang, JP, Bu DP, Wang JQ, Huo XK, Guo TJ, Wei HY, Zhou LY, Rastani RR, Baumgard LH,
and Li FD (2010) Effect of saturated fatty acid supplementation on production and metabolism indices in heat-stressed mid-lactation dairy cows. Journal of dairy science 93: 4121-4127 .
30. Zachut M, Arieli A, Lehrer H, Livshitz L, Yakoby S, and Moallem U (2010) Effects of increased supplementation of n-3 fatty acids to transition dairy cows on performance and fatty acid profile in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fat. Journal of dairy science 93: 5877-5889 .