1. AkhlaghiA, Ahangari YJ, NavidshadB, Pirsaraei ZA, Zhandi M, Deldar H, Rezvani MR, Dadpasand M, Hashemi SR and Poureslami R (2014a) Improvements in semen quality, sperm fatty acids, and reproductive performance in aged Cobb 500 breeder roosters fed diets containing dried ginger rhizomes (Zingiber officinale). Poultry Science (93): 1236-1244.
2. Alizadeh A, Esmaeili V, Shahverdi A, Rashidi L (2014) Dietary fish oil can change sperm parameters and fatty acid profiles of ram sperm during oil consumption period and after removal of oil source. Cell Journal (16):289.
3. Avital-Cohen NR, Heiblum N, Argov-Argaman A, Rosenstrauch Y, Chaiseha N, Mobarkey and Rozenboim I (2013) Age-related changes in gonadal and serotonergic axes of broiler breeder roosters. Domestic Animal Endocrinology (44):145-150.
4. Blesbois E, Douard V, Germain M, Boniface P and Pellet F (2004) Effects of n−3 polyunsaturated dietary supplementation on the reproductive capacity of male turkeys. Theriogenology (61): 537-549.
5. Bongalhardo DC, Leeson S, Buhr MM (2009) Dietary lipids differentially affect membranes from different areas of rooster sperm. Poultry Science (88): 1060-9.
6. Cerolini S, Kelso KA, Noble RC, Speake BK, Pizzi F and Cavalchini LG (1997) Relationship between spermatozoan lipid composition and fertility during aging of chickens. Biology Reproduction (57): 976-80.
7. Cerolini S, Gliozzi TM, Pizzi F, Parodi L, Maldijian A and Noble R (2002) Relationship between lipid components and cell functions in spermatozoa of domestic animals. Program Nutrition 4(2): 1-4.
8. Cerolini S,Pizzi F, Gliozzi T, Maldjian A, Zaniboni L and Parodi L (2003) Lipid manipulation of chicken semen by dietary means and its relation to fertility: a review. Worlds Poultry Science Journal (59): 65-75.
9. Cerolini S, Surai PF, Speake BK, Sparks NHC (2005) Dietary fish and evening primrose oil with vitamin E effects on semen variables in cockerels. British Poultry Science (46):214–22.
10. Cerolini S, Zaniboni L, Maldjian A, Gliozzi T(2006) Effect of docosahexaenoic acid and α- tocopherol enrichment in chicken sperm on semen quality, sperm lipid composition and susceptibility to peroxidation. Theriogenology (66): 877-86.
11. Chen W, Jiang YY, Wang JP, Huang YQ, Wang ZX (2014) Effects of dietary flaxseed meal on production performance, egg quality, and hatchability of Huoyan geese and fatty acids profile in egg yolk and thigh meat from their offspring. Livestock Science (164): 102-8.
12. Esmaeili V, Shahverdi AH, Moghadasian MH and Alizadeh AR (2015) Dietary fatty acids affect semen quality: a review. Andrology 3: 450-461.
13. Feng Y, Ding Y, Liu Y, Tian Y, Yang S, Guan andZhang C (2015) Effects of dietary omega- 3/omega-6 fatty acid ratio's on reproduction in the young breeder rooster. BMC Veterinary Research (11): 73.
14. Kanu PJ, Bahsoon JZ, Kanu JB and Kandeh JBA (2010) Nutraceutical importance of sesame seed and oil: a review of the contribution of their lignans. Sierra Leone Journal of Biomedical Research (2): 4-16.
15. Kelso KA, Cerolini S, Noble RC, Sparks NHC, Speake BK (1996) Lipid and antioxidant changes in semen of broiler fowl from 25 to 60 weeks of age. Journal of Reproduction and Fertility (106): 201-206.
16. Kelso KA, Cerolini S, Noble RC, Sparks NHC, Speake BK (1997) The effects of dietary supplementation with docosahexaenoic acid on the phospholipid fatty acid composition of avian spermatozoa. Comp. Biochemistry Physiology Part B Biochemistry Molecular Biology (118): 65-69.
17. Kelso KA, Cerolini S, Speake BK, Cavalchini LG, Noble RC (1997) Effects of dietary supplementation with α-linolenic acid on the phospholipid fatty acid composition and quality of spermatozoa in cockerel from 24 to 72 weeks of age. Journal of Reproduction Fertility (110): 53-59.
18. Moallem U, Neta N, Zeron Y, Zachut M and Roth Z (2015) Dietary α-linolenic acid from flaxseed oil or eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids from fish oil differentially alter fatty acid composition and characteristics of fresh and frozen-thawed bull semen. Theriogenology (83): 1110-20.
19. Muhammad Zand Mubashir Ali K (2016) Review on effects of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids on semen quality of birds and mammals. Asian Journal of Agriculture Biology 4(4): 134-139.
20. Ommati MM, Zamiri MJ, Akhlaghi A, Atashi H, Jafarzadeh MR and Rezvani MR(2013) Seminal characteristics, sperm fatty acids, and blood biochemical attributes in breeder roosters orally administered with sage (Salvia officinalis) extract. Animal Production Scince (53): 548-54.
21. Safari Asl R, Shariatmadari F, Sharafi M, Karimi Torshizi MA and Shahverdi A (2018) Improvements in semen quality, sperm fatty acids, and reproductive performance in aged Ross breeder roosters fed a diet supplemented with a moderate ratio of n-3: n-6 fatty acids. Poultry Science (0): 1-9.
22. Shahverdi A, Sharafi M, Gourabi H, Yekta AA, Esmaeili V and Sharbatoghli M (2015) Fertility and flowcytometric evaluations of frozen-thawed rooster semen in cryopreservation medium containing low-density lipoprotein. Theriogenology 83(1): 78-85.
23. Surai, PF, Fujihara N, Speake BK, Brillard JP, Wishart GJ and Sparks NHC (2001) Polyunsaturated fatty acids, lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection in avian semem. Asian Australas. Journal Animal Science (14): 1024-1050.
24. Zanini SF, Torres CAA, Bragagnolo N, Turatti JM, Silva MG and Zanini MS (2003) Evaluation of the ratio of ω6: ω3 fatty acids and vitamin E levels in the diet on the reproductive performance of cockerels. Arch Animal Nutrition (57): 429-42.