1. Alcicek A, Bozkurt M and Cabuk M (2003) The effect of an essential oil combination derived from selected herbs growing wild in Turkey on broiler performance, South African Journal of Animal Science, 33(2): 89-94.
2. Chauvin C, Gicquel-Bruneau M, Perrin-Guyomard A, Hambert F, Salvat G, Guillemot D and Sanders P, (2005) Use of avilamycin for growth promotion and avilamycin-resistance among Enterococcus faecium form broilers in a matched case-control study in France, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 70: 155-163.
3. Craig JW (1999) Health, promoting properties of common herbs, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 70: 491-499.
4. Ebrahimi R, Mohammad Abadi T, Sari S, Zamiri M and Beygi Nassiri M (2013) Silymarin effect on oxidative stress induced by lead in broiler chickens, Iranian Journal of Animal Science Reaserch, 5(4): 302-312.
5. Faani Maki A, Ebrahimzadeh A, Ansari Nik H and Ghazaghi L (2013) The effect of medicinal plants of milk thistle (Silybum marianum L.) and thyme (L. Thymus vulgaris) on the immune system and some blood parameters in broiler chickens, Journal of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, 2(26): 19-26.
6. Hernandez F, Madrid J, Garcia V, Orengo J and Megias MD (2004) Influence of two plants extracts on broiler performance, digestibility and digestive organ size, Poultry Science, 83: 169-174.
7. Hosseini SM and Shalaee M (2013). Effect of Milk thistle seed on yield and quality parameters in laying hens eggs, Journal of Animal and Poultry Research, 2(1): 31-39.
8. Jamshidi A, Ahmadi Ashtiani H, Gholamhosseini B and Bakaee S (2007). The effects of oral administration of the extract Milk thistle (silymarin) on histological and biochemical changes caused by aflatoxin in broilers, Medicinal Plants, 4(24): 9-14.
9. Kalorey DR, kurkure NV, Ramgaonkar IS, Sakhare PS, Warke S and Nigot NK (2005) Effect of polyherbal feed supplement “Growell” during induced aflatoxicosis, ochratoxicosis and combined mycotoxicoses in broilers, Poultry Science, 65(12): 2239-2245.
10. Madani S, Naderi K, Asgari S, Khaksar D and Taal Belhossini M (2006). The effect of aqueous and alcoholic ginger and milk thistle on the thioacetamide hepatotoxicity in rats, Iranian Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 22(2): 79-84.
11. National Research Council (1994) Nutrient Requirements of poultry, 9th rev. ed. National Academy press, Washington DC.
12. Pour Amini P (2011) Milk thistle herb, Blue Oak online magazine, 3: 5-7.
13. Radco L and Cybulski W (2007) Application of silymarin in human and animal medicine, Wounds-A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice, 1 (1): 022-026.
14. SAS Institute (1999) SAS User’s Guide. SAS Inst. Inc., Cary, NC.
15. Schiavone A, Righi F, Quarantelli A, Bruni R, Serventi P and Fusari A (2007) Use of Silybum marianum fruit extract in broiler chicken nutrition: influence on performance and meat quality, Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 91: 256–262.
16. Schulz V, Hansel R and Tyler VE (1997) Rational Phytotherapy: A Physicians'Guide to Herbal Medicine, Berlin: Springer, p: 306.
17. Sobolova L, Skottova N, Vecera R and Urbanek K (2006) Effect of silymarin and its polyphenolic fraction on cholesterol absorption in rats, Pharmacological Research, 53: 104- 112.
18. Surai PF (2015) Silymarin as a Natural Antioxidant: An Overview of the Current Evidence and Perspectives, Antioxidants, 4: 204-247.
19. Tedesco D, Steidler S, Galletti S, Tameni M, Sonzogni O and Ravarotto L (2004) Efficacy of Silymarin-Phospholipid Complex in Reducing the Toxicity of Aflatoxin B1 in Broiler Chicks, Poultry Science, 83: 1839–1843.
20. Tyler V (1993) The Honest Herbal. Binghamton, N. Y: Pharmaceutical Products.
21. Vogel G, Trost W and Braatz R (1975) Pharmacodynamics, site and mechanism of action Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn. 1. Acute toxicology or tolerance, general and specific (liver-) Pharmacology, Arzneimittel-Forschung-Drug Research, 25 (1): 82-89.
22. Zargari E (2011). Medicinal plants, Tehran University press, Volume 3: 34-38.