1. Adesogan AT, Krueger NK and Kim SC (2005) A novel, wireless, automated system for measuring fermentation gas production kinetics of feeds and its application to feed characterization. Animal Feed Science and Technology 123:211-223.
2. Aldrich JM, Muller LD, Varga GA and Griel LC (1993) Nonstructural carbohydrate and protein effects on rumen fermentation, nutrient flow, and performance of dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science 76(4): 1091-1105.
3. Ben Ghedalia D, Yosef E, Miron J and Est Y (1989) The effects of starch and pectin rich diets on quantitative aspects of digestion in sheep. Animal Feed Science and Technology 24(3-4): 289-298.
4. Blümmel M, Makkar HP and Becker K (1997) In vitro gas production: a technique revisited. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition 77(1‐5): 24-34.
5. Broderick GA and Kang JH (1980) Automated simultaneous determination of ammonia and total amino acids in ruminal fluid and in vitro media. Journal of Dairy Science 63(1): 64-75.
6. Broderick GA, Luchini ND, Reynal SM, Varga GA and Ishler VA (2008) Effect on production of replacing dietary starch with sucrose in lactating dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science 91 (12): 4801-4810.
7. De Brabander D, Fiems L, De Boever J and De Campeneere S (2007) Achievements of research in the field of ruminant nutrition. In: Rostani A, Tewolde A and Mosconi, C., Animal Production and Animal Science Worldwide, Wageningen Academic Publishers, The Netherlaands.
8. Getachew G, Blümmel M, Makkar H and Becker K (1998) In vitro gas measuring techniques for assessment of nutritional quality of feeds: a review. Animal Feed Science and Technology 72(3): 261-281.
9. Hall MB and Herejk C (2001) Differences in yields of microbial crude protein from in vitro fermentation of carbohydrates. Journal of Dairy Science 84 (11): 2486-2493.
10. Hall MB and Weimer PJ (2007) Sucrose concentration alters fermentation kinetics, products, and carbon fates during in vitro fermentation with mixed ruminal microbes. Journal of Animal Science 85(6):1467-1478.
11. Hoover WH and Stokes SR (1991) Balancing carbohydrates and proteins for optimum rumen microbial yield. Journal of Dairy Science 74(10): 3630-3644.
12. Leiva E, Hall MB and Van Horn HH (2000) Performance of dairy cattle fed citrus pulp or corn products as sources of neutral detergent soluble carbohydrates. Journal of Dairy Science 83(12): 2866-2875.
13. Menke KH and Steingass H (1988) Estimation of the energetic feed value obtained from chemical analysis and in vitro gas production using rumen fluid. Animal Research and Development 28: 7-55
14. Moharrery A (2007) The determination of buffering capacity of some ruminant’s feedstuffs and their cumulative effects on TMR ration. American Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences 2 (4): 72-78.
15. Mould FL, Kliem KE and Morgan R (2005) Alternative methodologies: stretching the in vitro box. Animal Feed Science and Technology 124: 501-515.
16. Muck RE, Filya R and Contreras-Gocea FE (2007) Inoculant effects on alfalfa silage: in vitro gas and volatile fatty acid production. Journal of Dairy Science 90(11): 5115-5125.
17. Münnich M, Khiaosa-ard R, Klevenhusen F, Hilpold A, Khol-Parisini A and Zebeli Q (2017) A meta-analysis of feeding sugar beet pulp in dairy cows: Effects on feed intake, ruminal fermentation, performance,and net food production Animal Feed Science and Technology 224: 79-89.
18. Oba M (2011) Effects of feeding sugars on productivity of lactating dairy cows. Canadian Journal of Animal Science 91:37-46.
19. Piwonka EJ and Firkins JL (1996) Effect of glucose fermentation on fiber digestion by ruminal microorganisms in vitro. Journal of Dairy Science 79(12): 2196-2206.
20. Sannes RA, Messman MA and Vagnoni DB (2002) Form of rumen degradable carbohydrate and nitrogen on microbial protein synthesis and protein efficiency of dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science 85(4): 900-908.
21. Schofield P and Pell AN (1995) Measurement and kinetic analysis of the neutral detergent soluble carbohydrate fraction of legumes and grasses. Journal of Animal Science 73(11): 3455-3463.
22. Sommart K, Parker DS, Rowlinson P and Wanapat M (2000) Fermentation characteristics and microbial protein synthesisin an in vitro system using cassava, rice straw and dried Ruzi grass as substrates. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science 13 (8): 1084-1093.
23. Theodorou MK, Williams BA, Dhanoa MS, McAllan AB and France J (1994) A simple gas production method using a pressure transducer to determine the fermentation kinetics of ruminant feeds. Journal of Animal Feed Science and Technology 48(3-4): 185-197.
24. Vallimont JE, Bargo F, Cassidy TW, Luchini ND, Broderick GA and Varga GA (2004) Effects of replacing dietary starch with sucrose on ruminal fermentation and nitrogen metabolism in continuous culture. Journal of Dairy Science 87 (12): 4221-4229.