1 . Fan B, Du Z-Q, Gorbach DM and Rothschild MF (2010) Development and application of high-density SNP arrays in genomic studies of domestic animals. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 23(7): 833-847.
2 . Smith JM and Haigh J (1974) The hitch-hiking effect of a favourable gene. Genetical Research. 23(01): 23-35.
3 . Weir BS and Cockerham CC (1984) Estimating F-statistics for the analysis of population structure. Evolution. 1358-1370.
4 . Sabeti PC, Reich DE, Higgins JM, Levine HZ, Richter DJ, Schaffner SF, Gabriel SB, Platko JV, Patterson NJ and McDonald GJ (2002) Detecting recent positive selection in the human genome from haplotype structure. Nature. 419(6909): 832-837.
5 . Prasad A, Schnabel RD, McKay SD, Murdoch B, Stothard P, Kolbehdari D, Wang Z, Taylor JF and Moore SS (2008) Linkage disequilibrium and signatures of selection on chromosomes 19 and 29 in beef and dairy cattle. Animal Genetics. 39: 597-605.
6 . Purcell S, Neale B, Todd-Brown K, Thomas L, Ferreira MAR, Bender D, Maller J, Sklar P, de Bakker PIW, Daly MJ and Sham, PC (2007) PLINK: A Tool Set for Whole-Genome Association and Population-Based Linkage Analyses. The American Journal of Human Genetics. 81(3): 559-575.
7 . Carter MD, Shah CR, Muller CL, Crawley JN, Carneiro AM and Veenstra-VanderWeele J (2011) Absence of preference for social novelty and increased grooming in integrin beta3 knockout mice: initial studies and future directions. Autism Research. 4(1): 57-67.
8 . R Core Team (2012) R: a language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; Open access available at: http://cran.r-project.org.
9 . Ward Jr JH (1963) Hierarchical grouping to optimize an objective function. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 58(301): 236-244.
10 . Pashaei S, Ahani Azari M, Hasani S, Khanahmadi AR and Soltanloo H (2013) Study on genetic diversity of Mazandarni native and Holstein cattle using ISSR-PCR marker. Journal of Animal Sciences (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi). 101: 22-28.
11 . Mohammad Abadi M, Esmailizadeh A, Pholadi M, Soflaei M, Mohammadi A, Ghasemi M and Baghizadeh A (2007) Molecular comparative analysis of native and Holstein cows genome of Kerman province using ISSR and RFLP markers. in The 5th National Biotechnology Congress of Iran. 2007. Tehran - Iran.
12 . Moradi MH, Nejati-Javaremi A, Moradi-Shahrbabak M, Dodds KG and McEwan JC (2012) Genomic scan of selective sweeps in thin and fat tail sheep breeds for identifying of candidate regions associated with fat deposition. BMC Genetics. 13(1): 1-10.
13 . Qanbari S, Strom TM, Haberer G, Weigend S, Gheyas AA, Turner F, Burt DW, Preisinger R, Gianola D and Simianer H (2012) A high resolution genome-wide scan for significant selective sweeps: An application to pooled sequence data in laying chickens. PloS one. 7(11): e49525.
14 . Mokhber M, Sadeghi M, Moradi Shahr Babak M and Moradi Shahr Babak H (2015) Genome-Wide Survey of signature of positive selection in Khuzestani and Mazandrani buffalo breeds. Iranian Journal of animal Science, Accepted.
15 . Kemper KE, Saxton SJ, Bolormaa S, Hayes BJ and Goddard ME (2014) Selection for complex traits leaves little or no classic signatures of selection. BMC Genomics. 15(1): 246.
16 . Barendse W, Harrison BE, Bunch RJ, Thomas MB and Turner LB (2009) Genome wide signatures of positive selection: the comparison of independent samples and the identification of regions associated to traits. BMC Genomics. 10(1): 178.
17 . Qanbari S, Gianola D, Hayes B, Schenkel F, Miller S, Moore S, Thaller G and Simianer H (2012) Application of site and haplotype-frequency based approaches for detecting selection signatures in cattle. BMC genomics. 12(1): 318.
18 . Esmailizadeh A, Bottema C, Sellick G, Verbyla A, Morris C, Cullen N and Pitchford W (2008) Effects of the myostatin F94L substitution on beef traits. Journal of Animal Science. 86(5): 1038-1046.
19 . Larkin DM, Daetwyler HD, Hernandez AG, Wright CL, Hetrick LA, Boucek L, Bachman SL, Band MR, Akraiko TV and Cohen-Zinder M (2012) Whole-genome resequencing of two elite sires for the detection of haplotypes under selection in dairy cattle. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 109(20): 7693-7698.
20 . Kijas JW, Lenstra JA, Hayes B, Boitard S, Neto LRP, San Cristobal M, Servin B, McCulloch R, Whan V and Gietzen K (2012) Genome-wide analysis of the world's sheep breeds reveals high levels of historic mixture and strong recent selection. PLoS Biology. 10(2): e1001258.
21 . Stella A, Ajmone-Marsan P, Lazzari B and Boettcher P (2010) Identification of selection signatures in cattle breeds selected for dairy production. Genetics. 185(4): 1451-1461.
22 . Rothammer S, Seichter D, Förster M and Medugorac I (2013) A genome-wide scan for signatures of differential artificial selection in ten cattle breeds. BMC Genomics. 14(1): 908.
23 . Morota G, Abdollahi-Arpanahi R, Kranis A and Gianola D (2014) Genome-enabled prediction of quantitative traits in chickens using genomic annotation. BMC Genomics. 15(1): 109.
24 . Verma S and Agastian P (2013) Expression profile of important milk producing genes in cattle breeds from India. International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research. 14(1): 976-980.
25 . Höglund JK, Sahana G, Brøndum RF, Guldbrandtsen B, Buitenhuis B and Lund MS (2014) Fine mapping QTL for female fertility on BTA04 and BTA13 in dairy cattle using HD SNP and sequence data. BMC Genomics. 15(1): 790.
26 . Harder B, Bennewitz J, Reinsch N, Thaller G, Thomsen H, Kühn C, Schwerin M, Erhardt G, Förster M, Reinhardt F and Kalm E (2006) Mapping of quantitative trait loci for lactation persistency traits in German Holstein dairy cattle. Journal of Animal Breeding and Genetics. 123(2): 89-96.
27. McClure M, Morsci NS, Schnabel RD, Kim JW, Yao P, Rolf MM, McKay SD, Gregg SJ, Chapple RH, Northcutt SL and Taylor JF (2010) A genome scan for quantitative trait loci influencing carcass, post-natal growth and reproductive traits in commercial Angus cattle. Animal Genetics. 41(6): 597-607.
28. Gasparin G, Miyata M, Coutinho LL, Martinez ML, Teodoro RL, Furlong J, Machado MA, Silva MV, Sonstegard TS and Regitano LC (2007) Mapping of quantitative trait loci controlling tick [Riphicephalus (Boophilus) microplus] resistance on bovine chromosomes 5, 7 and 14. Animal Genetics. 38(5): 453-459.
29. Howard JT, Kachman SD, Snelling WM, Pollak EJ, Ciobanu DC, Kuehn LA and Spangler ML (2014) Beef cattle body temperature during climatic stress: a genome-wide association study. International Journal of Biometeorology. 58(7): 1665-1672.
30. Viitala SM, Schulman NF, De Koning DJ, Elo K, Kinos R, Virta A, Virta J, Mäki-Tanila A and Vilkki JH (2003) Quantitative trait loci affecting milk production traits in Finnish Ayrshire dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 86(5): 1828-1836.
31. Ashwell M, Heyen DW, Weller JI, Ron M, Sonstegard TS, Van Tassell CP and Lewin HA. (2005) Detection of quantitative trait loci influencing conformation traits and calving ease in Holstein-Friesian cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 88(11): 4111-4119.
32. Lund M, Guldbrandtsen B, Buitenhuis AJ, Thomsen B and Bendixen C (2008) Detection of quantitative trait loci in Danish Holstein cattle affecting clinical mastitis, somatic cell score, udder conformation traits, and assessment of associated effects on milk yield. Journal of Dairy Science. 91(10): 4028-4036.
33. Imumorin IG, Kim EH, Lee YM, De Koning DJ, Van Arendonk JA, De Donato M, Taylor JF and Kim JJ (2011) Genome scan for parent-of-origin QTL effects on bovine growth and carcass traits. Frontiers in Genetics. 2(44): 1-13.