Bagherzadeh Kasmani F, Karimi Torshizi MA, Allameh AA and Sharitmadari F (2012) A novel aflatoxin-binding Bacillus probiotic: performance, serum biochemistry and immunological parameters in Japanese quail. Poultry Science. 91(8): 1846-1853.
Botsoglou NA, Fletouris DJ, Papageorgiou GE, Vassilopoulos VN, Mantis AJ and Trakatellis AG (1994) Rapid, sensitive and specific thiobarbituric acid method for measuring lipid peroxidation in animal tissue food and feed stuff samples. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 42: 1931-1937.
Citil M, Gunes V, Atakisi O, Ozcan A, Tuzcu M and Dogan A (2005) Protective effect of L-carnitine against oxidative damage caused by experimental chronic aflatoxicosis in quail (Coturnix coturnix). Acta Veterinaria Hungarica. 53(3): 319-324.
Collins AR (2004) The comet assay for DNA damage and repair principles, applications and limitations. Molecular Biotechnology. 26(3): 249-261.
Collins MD and Gibson GR (1999) Probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics: approaches for modulating the microbial ecology of the gut. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 69(5): 1052-1057.
Corrier DE (1991) Mycotoxicisis: mechanism of immunosupression. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology. 30: 71-87.
Decoudu S, Cassand P, Daubeze M, Frayssinnet J and Narbonne JF (1992) Effect of vitamin A dietary intake on in vitro and in vivo activation of aflatoxin B1. Mutation Research. 269: 269-278.
Dersjant-Li Y, Verstegen MWA and Gerrits WJJ (2003) The impact of low concentrations of aflatoxin, deoxynivalenol or fumonisim in diets on growing pigs and poultry. Nutrition Research Review. 16: 223-239.
Haskard CA, El-Nezami HS, Kankaanpää PE, Salminen S and Ahokas JT (2001) Surface binding of aflatoxin B1 by lactic acid bacteria. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 67: 3086-3091.
10. Kalaiselvi T and Panneersalvam C (1998) Effect of L-carnitine on the status of lipid peroxidation and antioxidants in aging rats. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 9: 575-581.
11. Kohen R and Nyska A (2002) Oxidation of biological systems: oxidative stress phenomena, antioxidants, redox reactions, and methods for their quantification. Toxicological Pathology. 30: 620-650.
12. Li JJ, De-Cheng S and Xiao-Ou S (2010) Binding capacity for aflatoxin B1 by different adsorbent. Agricultural Sciences in China. 9: 449-456.
13. Mokoena MP, Chelule PK and Gqaleni N (2006) The toxicity and decreased concentration of aflatoxin B1 in natural lactic acid fermented maize meal. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 100: 773-777.
14. NRC (1994) Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
15. Patterson JA and Burkholder KM (2003) Application of prebiotics and probiotics in poultry production. Poultry Science. 82(4): 627-631.
16. Peterson AL, Qureshi MA, Ferket PR and Fuller JC (1999) Enhancement of cellular and humoral immunity in young broilers by the dietary supplementation of β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate. Immmunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology. 21(2): 307-330.
17. SAS Institute (2001) SAS Users Guide Statics. Version 8.2. ed. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC. USA.
18. Shivachandra SB, Sah RL, Singh SD, Kataria JM and Manimaran K (2003) Immunosuppression in broiler chicken fed aflatoxin and inoculated with fowl adenovirus serotype-4 (FAV-4) associated with hydropericardiun syndrome. Veterinary Research Communication. 27: 39-51.
19. Shotwell OL, Hesseltine CV, Stubblefield RD and Sorenson WG (1966) Production of aflatoxin on rice. Applied and Environmental of Microbiology. 14: 425-428.
20. Sohail ZU Rahman A, Ijaz MS, Yousaf K, Ashraf T, Yaqub H, Zaneb H and Rehman H (2011) Single or combined effects of mannan-oligosaccharides and probiotic supplements on the total oxidants, total antioxidants, enzymatic antioxidants, liver enzymes, and serum trace minerals in cyclic heat-stressed broilers. Poultry Science. 90: 2573-2577.
21. Tessari ENC, Oliveira CAF, Cardoso ALSP, Ledoux DR and Rottinghaus GR (2006) Effect of aflatoxin B1 and fumonisin B1 on body weight, antibody titres and histology of broiler chicks. British Poultry Science. 47(3): 357-364.
22. Thayer SG and Beard CW (1998) Serological procedures. A laboratory manual for the isolation and identification of avian pathogens, 4th ed., Pennsylvania, USA: American Association of Avian Pathologists.
23. Todar K (2007) Online Textbook of Bacteriology. Available at http://textbookofbacteriology.net/e.coli.html. University of Wisconsin–Madison, Department of Bacteriology. Madison, USA.
24. Vahdatpour T, Nikpiran H, Babazadeh D, Vahdatpour S and Jafargholipour MA (2011) Effects of Protexin®, Fermacto® and combination of them on blood enzymes and performance of Japanese quails (Coturnix Japonica). Annals of Biological Research. 2: 283-291.
25. Verma J, Johri TS, Swain BK and Ameena S (2004) Effect of graded levels of aflatoxin and their combination on the performance and immune response of broilers. British Poultry Science. 45(4): 512-518.