1. Abecia JA, Palacin I and Forcada F (2007) The effects of exogenous melatonin on wool quality and thyroid function in Rasa Aragonesa ewes. Spanish Agricultural Research. 5(2): 164-171.
2. American Society for Testing Materials - ASTM (1982) Diameter of wool and other animal fibres by microprogection D2130-78. 32: 498-507.
4. Braun A (1998) The potential utilization of South African indigenous goats for cashmere production. Proceedings of Workshop: In research and training strategies for goat production systems in South Africa, Hogsback, South Africa.
5. Carl N and Ende V (1993) Repeated measures analysis, growth and other time dependent measures. in: Scheiner MG, Design and Analysis of Ecological Environments. Chapman and Hall. Pp. 113-137.
6. Cong Y, Deng H, Feng Y, Chen Q and Sun Y (2011) Melatonin implantation from winter solstice could extend the cashmere growth phase effectively. Small Ruminant Research. 99(1): 48-53.
7. De Villar JF, McMillen SR, Dicks P and Rhinda SM (2000) The roles of thyroid hormones and prolactin in the control of fibre moult and associated changes in hair follicle activities in cashmere goats. Australian Agriculture Research. 51: 407-414.
8. Dicks P, Russel AJ and Lincoln GA (1996) The localisation and characterisation of insulin-like growth factor-I receptors and the investigation of melatonin receptors on the hair follicles of seasonal and non-seasonal fibre-producing goats. Endocrinology. 151(1): 55-63.
9. FAO (2014) FAOSTAT. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome. Available at http://faostat.fao.org [verified 20 July. 2014].
10. Forsyth IA, Deveson SL and Arendt J (1991) The manipulation of breeding season in goats. Advance Pineal Research. 6: 217-223.
11. Gebbie FE, Forsyth IA and Arendt J (1994) Effects of melatonin, bromocriptine and altered light/temperature patterns on coat growth in dairy goats. European Fine Fibre Network Occasional Publicatio. 2: 97-107.
12. Harris PM, Xu ZZ, Blair HT, Dellow DW, McCutcheon SN and Cockrem J (1989) The effect of exogenous melatonin, administered in summer, on wool growth and testis diameter of Romneys. Proceeding of New Zealand Society Animal Production. 49: 35-38.
13. Klören WRL and Norton BW (1995) Melatonin and fleece growth in Australian cashmere goats. Small Ruminant Research. 17(2): 179-185.
14. Koyonch M and Tuncel E (2000) Effect of sex and phenotypic correlation among fiber traits crossbred goats. 7th International Conference Goats. France, 15-21 May. 2: 641-642.
15. Mitchel RJ, Betteridge K, Welch RAS, Gurnsey MP and Nixon AJ (1989) Fibre growth cycle of unselected, reproducing cashmere does discuss in relation to winter shearing. Proceeding of the New Zealand Society of Animal Production. 49: 163-164.
16. Roux JA (2008) Evaluation of cashmere production of the meat producing Boer goat. 10th World Conference on animal production. Cape Town, South Africa, 23-28 November 2008. Pp. 1-2.
17. Santiago-Moreno J, Dolfo Toledano Diaz A, Gomez-Brunet A and Lopez-Sebastian A (2006) Effect of constant-release implants of melatonin on horn growth in Mouflon ram lambs, Ovis gmelini musimon. Folia Zoology. 55(1): 15-18.
18. Seid Moemen SM, Ansari HR, Dayani O, Salehi M and Tokasi MV (2009) The effect of fleece coming on technical traits of cashmere yarns. National Fibre Conference in Years of Natural Fibers. Tabriz University.
19. Teh TH, Jia ZH, Ogden KD and Newton GR (1991) The effects of photoperiod and melatonin implant on cashmere production. Animal Science. 69: 496.
20. Toerien CA, Puchala R, McCann JP, Sahlu T and Goestsch AL (1999) Adrenocortical response to ACTH in angora and Spanish goat weathers. Animal Science. 77: 1558-1564.
21. Welch RAS, Gurnsey MP, Betteridge K and Mitchell RJ (1990) Goat fibre response to melatonin given in spring in two consecutive years. Proceeding of New Zealand Society Animal Production. 50: 146-149.
22. Wuliji T, Litherland A, Goetsch AL, Sahlu T, Puchala R, Dawson LJ and Gipson T (2006) Evaluation of melatonin and bromocryptine administration in Spanish goats: III. Effects on hair follicle activity, density and relationships between follicle characteristics. Small Ruminant Research. 66(1): 11-21.
23. Wuliji T, Litherland A, Goetech AL, Sahlu T, Puchala R, Dawson LJ and Gipson T (2003) Evaluation of melatonin and bromocryptine administration in Spanish goats. I. Effects on the out of season breeding performance in spring, kidding rate and fleece weight of does. Small Ruminant Research. 49: 31-40.
24. Yeastes NTM (1965) Modern aspects of animal production. London. Butterworts. P. 154.
25. Yue C, Sun M, Liu H, Zhang W, Zhu X, Kong X and Jia Z (2012) Expression of deiodinase gene mRNA after melatonin manipulated in cashmere goats skin during cashmere growth. Animal and Veterinary Advances. 11: 1837-1842.