1. Algabr M, Al-Hajj N, Jaber A, Alshotobi A, Al-suryhi S, Whaban G and Alshehari N (2016) Antibacterial and antifungal activities of the essential oil of Pulicaria jaubertii leaves. Der Pharma Chemica. 8: 224-228.
2. Anele UY, Südekum K-H, Hummel J, Arigbede OM, Oni AO, Olanite JA, Böttger C, Ojo VO and Jolaosho AO (2011) Chemical characterization, in vitro dry matter and ruminal crude protein degradability and microbial protein synthesis of some cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L. Walp) haulm varieties. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 163: 161-169.
3. AOAC (2012) Official methods of analysis, 19th ed. Association of official analytical chemist, Washington DC, USA.
4. Batoli H, Haghir-Ebrahimabadi A, Karimi E and Mazoochi A (2017) The survey of the essential oil composition of pulicaria gnaphalodes (vent.) boiss. from brzok of kashan at the first report.
Eco-phytochemical Journal of Medicinal Plants (EJMP). 5(1): 65-78.
5. Benchaar C and Greathead H (2011) Essential oils and opportunities to mitigate enteric methane emissions from ruminants. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 166: 338-355.
6. Benzie IFF and Strain JJ (1996) The ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) as a measure of antioxidant power: the FRAP assay. Analytical Biochemistry. 239: 70-76.
7. Blümmel M, Steingss H and Becker K (1997) The relationship between in vitro gas production, in vitro microbial biomass yield and15N incorporation and its implications for the prediction of voluntary feed intake of roughages. British Journal of Nutrition. 77: 911-921.
8. Dehority BA (2003) Rumen Microbiology, 1st ed. Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, UK.
9. Dose J, Matsugo S, Yokokawa H, Koshida Y, Okazaki S, Seidel U, Eggersdorfer M, Rimbach G and Esatbeyoglu T (2016) Free radical scavenging and cellular antioxidant properties of astaxanthin. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 17(1): 103.
10. Galyean ML (2010) Laboratory Procedures in Animal Nutrition Research. Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, USA.
11. Ghavam M and Mokhtari A (2014) A review of medicinal plant platyloba (Echinophora platyloba). Proceedings 1st International Conference on New Findings of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment. 315-323. (In Persian)
12. Gherib M, Chahrazed B, El-Haci IA and Chaouche TM (2016) Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of aerial part essential oil and some organic extracts from the Algerian medicinal plant Pulicaria mauritanica coss. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 7: 76-84. (In Persian)
13. Hosseini Z, Lorigooini Z, Rafieian-Kopaei M, Shirmardi HA and Solati K (2017) A review of botany and pharmacological effect and chemical composition of Echinophora species growing in Iran. Pharmacognosy Research. 9(4): 305-312.
14. Khateri N, Azizi O and Jahani-Azizabadi H (2017) Effects of a specific blend of essential oils on apparent nutrient digestion, rumen fermentation and rumen microbial populations in sheep fed a 50:50 alfalfa hay: concentrate diet. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 30(3): 370-378.
15. Khezrian A, Nooriyan Soroor ME and Moeini MM (2016) The effect of plant and essential oils of mentha longoforia on in vitro ruminal fermentation parameters, methane production and protozoa population of goat. Animal Production. 18(3): 477-490. (In Persian)
16. McDonald P, Edwards RA, Greenhalgh JFD, Morgan CA, Sinclair LA and Wilkinson RG (2011) Animal nutrition, 5th ed. Prentice Hall, Essex, UK.
17. Menke KH and Steingass H (1988) Estimation of the energetic feed value obtained from chemical analysis and gas production using rumen fluid. Animal Research Development. 28: 7-55.
18. NRC (2007) Nutrient requirements of small ruminants. National Academic Press, Washington, DC, USA.
19. Oskoueian E, Abdullah N and Oskoueian A (2013) Effects of flavonoids on rumen fermentation activity, methane production, and microbial population. BioMed Research International. 349129: 8.
20. Patra AK (2011) Effects of essential oils on rumen fermentation, microbial ecology and ruminant production. Asian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 6: 416-428.
21. Rajabi M, Rouzbehan Y and Rezaei J (2017) A strategy to improve nitrogen utilization, reduce
environmental impact, and increase performance and antioxidant capacity of fattening lambs using pomegranate peel extract. Journal of Animal Science. 95: 499-510.
22. Shibata M and Terada F (2010) Factors affecting methane production and mitigation in ruminants. Animal Science Journal. 81: 2-10.
23. Venskutonis PR and Kraujalis P (2013) Nutritional components of amaranth seeds and vegetables: a review on composition, properties, and uses. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety. 12(4): 381-412.
24. Vercoe PE, Makkar HPS and Schlink AC (2010) In vitro screening of plant resources for extra-nutritional attributes in ruminants: nuclear and related methodologies. IAEA, Dordrecht, Netherlands.
25. Zarrin P, Ghahremaninejad P and Masoumi A (2010) Systematic of genera Pulicaria Gaertn and Platycheteae Boiss. From tribe Inuleae s.str (Asteraceae) in Iran. Taxonomy and Biosystematics. 1(2): 27-44. (In Persian)