1. Aboagye IA, Oba M, Ramon Castillo A, Koenig KM, Iwaasa AD and Beauchemin KA (2018) Effects of hydrolyzable tannin with or without condensed tannin on methane emissions, nitrogen use, and performance of beef cattle fed a high-forage diet. Journal of Animal Science 96: 5276-5286.
2. Aguerre MJ, Capozzolo MC, Lencioni P, Cabral C and Wattiaux MA (2016) Effect of quebracho-chestnut tannin extracts at 2 dietary crude protein levels on performance, rumen fermentation, and nitrogen partitioning in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science 99: 4476-4486.
3. Arokiyaraj S, Perinbam k, Agastian P and Mohan Kumar R (2009) Phytochemical analysis and antibacterial activity of Vitex agnus-castus. International Journal of Green Pharmacy 3: 162-164.
4. Atanassova M and Christova-Bagdassarian V (2009) Determination of tannins content by titrimetric method for comparison of different plant species. Journal of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy 44: 413-415.
5. AOAC (2005) Ash of animal feed, in official methods of analysis of AOAC international,18th edition. Association of Official AnalyticalChemists, Washington, DC, USA.
6. Barszcz M, Taciak M, Tuśnio A and Skomia J (2018) Effects of dietary level of tannic acid and protein on internal organ weights and biochemical blood parameters of rats. PLoS One 13: 1-9.
7. Brodrick GA and Kang JH (1980) Automated simultaneous determination of ammonia and total amino acids in ruminal fluid and in vitro media. Journal of Dairy Science 63: 64-75.
8. Castillejos L, Calsamiglia S and Ferret A (2006) Effect of essential oils active compounds on rumen microbial fermentation and flow in vitro systems. Journal of Dairy Science 89: 2649-2658.
9. Ghahremaninejad F, Shirzadian S and Fereidounfar S (2016) An updated list of the bryological literature on Iran. Annalen des Naturhistorischen Museums in Wien, B 118: 181-188.
10. Ghosal I and Chakraborty SB (2014) Effects of the aqueous leaf extract of Basella alba on sex reversal of Nile Tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences 9: 162-164.
11. Hajdú Z, Hohmann J, Forgo P, Martinek T, Dervarics M, Zupkó I, Falkay G, Cossuta D and Máthé I (2007) Diterpenoids and flavonoids from the fruits of Vitex agnuscastus and antioxidant activity of the fruit extracts and their constituents. Phytotherapy Research. 21 (4): 391-394.
12. Jan OQ, Kamili N, Ashraf A, Iqbal A, Sharma RK and Rastogi A (2015) Haematobiochemical parameters of goats fed tannin rich Psidium guajava and Carissa spinarum against Haemonchus contortus infection in India. Journal of Parasitic Diseases 39: 41-48.
13. Karamnejad K, Sari M, Salari S and Chaji M (2019) Effects of nitrogen source on the performance and feeding behavior of lambs fed a high concentrate diet containing pomegranate peel. Small Ruminant Research 173: 9-16.
14. Lee HJ, Choi IH, Kim DH, Amanullah S and Kim SC (2016) Nutritional characterization of tannin rich chestnut (Castanea) and its meal for pig. Journal of Applied Animal Research 44(1): 258-262.
15. Makkar HPS (2003) Effects and fate of tannins in ruminant animals, adaptation to tannins, and strategies to overcome detrimental effects of feeding tannin-rich feeds. Small Ruminant Research 49: 241-256.
16. Maldar SM, Roozbehan Y and Alipour D (2010) The effect of adaptation to oak leaves on digestibility (in vitro) and ruminal parameters in Alamout goat. Iranian Journal of Animal Science 41: 243-252.
17. NRC (2007) Nutritional requirements of small ruminants. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., USA.
18. Omikorede OE, Lawal OA and Iresemowo OA (2012) Volatile constituents: antibacterial and
insecticidal activities of essential oil from the leaves of Vitex agnus-casyus L. Canadian Journal on Computing in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Medicine 3: 256-260.
19. Patra AK and Saxena J (2011) Exploitation of dietary tannins to improve rumen metabolism and ruminant nutrition. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 91: 24-37.
20. Pond WG, Church DC, Pond KR and Schoknecht PA (2005) Basic Animal nutrition and feeding. 5th edition. Wiley International.
21. Popvic M, Kaurinovic B, Trivixc S, Mimica- Dukic N, Burac M (2006) Effect of celery (Apium graveolens) extracts on some biochemical parameters of oxidative stress in mice treated with carbon tetra chloride. Phytotherapy Research 20: 531-537.
22. Rezaee F, Mohammadabadi T, Chaji M and Mashayekhi MR (2016) Effects of phenolic components of Scrophularia striata Boiss powder on feed intake, digestibility, rumination and rumen protozoa population in Lori- Bakhtiari sheep. Iranian Journal of Animal Science 47: 155-164.
23. Sharifi A and Chaji M (2019) Effects of processed recycled poultry bedding with tannins extracted from pomegranate peel on the nutrient digestibility and growth performance of lambs. South African Journal of Animal Science 49: 290-300.
24. Singh B, Chaudhary LC, Neeta A and Kamra DN (2011) Phenotypic and phylogenetic characterization of tannin degrading/tolerating bacterial isolate from the rumen of goats fed on pakar (Ficus infectoria) leaves. Journal of Applied Animal Research 32: 120-124.
25. Sofyan A, Sakti AA, Herdian H, Khairulli G, Suryani AE, Manu Hara Karti PD and Jayanegara A (2017) In vitro gas production kinetics and digestibility of king grass (Pennisetum hybrid) added by organic mineral and natural crude tannin. Journal of Applied Animal Research 45: 122-125.
26. Van Soest PJ, Robertson JB and Lewis BA (1991) Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and non starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science 74: 3583-3597.
27. Zereu G (2016) Factors Affecting Feed Intake and Its Regulation Mechanisms in Ruminants A Review. International Journal of Livestock Research 6: 19-40.