1. Aviagen, Ross broiler management handbook (2014) Aviagen Group Huntsville, AL.
2. Cerutti A, Chen K and Chorny A (2011) Immunoglobulin responses at the mucosal interface. Annual Review of Immunology, 29: 273-93.
3. Chang Q, Wang W, Regev-Yochay G, Lipsitch M and Hanage WP (2015) Antibiotics in agriculture and the risk to human health: how worried should we be? Evolutionary Applications 8(3): 240-7.
4. Chen J, Tellez G, Richards JD and Escobar J (2015) Identification of Potential Biomarkers for Gut Barrier Failure in Broiler Chickens. Frontiers in Veterinary Science 2: 1-10.
5. Dou T, Zhao S, Rong H, Gu D, Li Q, Huang Y, Xu Z, Chu X, Tao L, Liu L, Ge C, Pas Te and Jia J (2017) Biological mechanisms discriminating growth rate and adult body weight phenotypes in two Chinese indigenous chicken breeds. BMC Genomics 18(1): 469-481.
6. Fukui H (2015) Gut-liver axis in liver cirrhosis: How to manage leaky gut and endotoxemia. World Journal of Hepatology, 7(3): 425-42.
7. Garnier R, Ramos R, Staszewski V, Militao T, Lobato E, Gonzalez-Solis J, Boulinier T (2012) Maternal antibody persistence: a neglected life-history trait with implications from albatross conservation to comparative immunology. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 279(1735): 2033-41.
8. Gentile LF, Cuenca AG, Efron PA, Ang D, Bihorac A and McKinley BA (2012) Persistent inflammation and immunosuppression: a common syndrome and new horizon for surgical intensive care. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery 72(6): 1491-501.
9. Giannini E.G, Testa R and Savarino V (2005) Liver enzyme alteration: a guide for clinicians. Canadian Medical Association Journal 172(3): 367-79.
10. Gomez de Aguero M, Ganal-Vonarburg SC, Fuhrer T, Rupp S, Uchimura Y and Li H (2016) The maternal microbiota drives early postnatal innate immune development. Science 351(6279): 1296-302.
11. Hamal K. R, Burgess S, Pevzner I, and Erf G (2006) Maternal antibody transfer from dams to their egg yolks, egg whites, and chicks in meat lines of chickens. Poultry science, 85(8):1364-1372.
12. Jain S, Gautam V and Naseem S (2011) Acute-phase proteins: As diagnostic tool. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences, 3(1): 118-127.
13. Koch MA, Reiner GL, Lugo KA, Kreuk LS, Stanbery AG, Ansaldo E (2016) Maternal IgG and IgA Antibodies Dampen Mucosal T Helper Cell Responses in Early Life. Cell 165(4): 827-841.
14. Levitt DG and Levitt MD (2016) Human serum albumin homeostasis: a new look at the roles of synthesis, catabolism, renal and gastrointestinal excretion, and the clinical value of serum albumin measurements. International Journal of General Medicine 9: 229-55.
15. Li X, Wang L, Zhen Y, Li S and Xu Y (2015) Chicken egg yolk antibodies (IgY) as non-antibiotic production enhancers for use in swine production: a review. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology 6(1): 40-50.
16. Mahdavi AH, Rahmani HR, Nili N, Samie AH, Soleimanian-Zad S and Jahanian R (2010) Effects of dietary egg yolk antibody powder on growth performance, intestinal Escherichia coli colonization, and immunocompetence of challenged broiler chicks. Poultry Science 89(3): 484-94.
17. Mashukova A, Wald FA and Salas PJ (2011) Tumor necrosis factor alpha and inflammation disrupt the polarity complex in intestinal epithelial cells by a posttranslational mechanism. Molecular and Cellular Biology 31(4): 756-65.
18. Mehta M, Ahmed S and Dryden G (2017) Immunopathophysiology of inflammatory bowel disease: how genetics link barrier dysfunction and innate immunity to inflammation. Innate Immunity 23(6): 497-505.
19. Oesser S, Schulze C and Seifert J (1999) Protective capacity of a IgM/IgA-enriched polyclonal immunoglobulin-G preparation in endotoxemia. Research in Experimental Medicine 198(6): 325-39.
20. Parnham MJ, (2016) Compendium of Inflammatory Diseases (First Edition). Basel, Switzerland: Springer.
21. Schat KA, Kaspers B and Kaiser P (2014) Avian Immunology (Second Edition) Boston, Academic Press. Elsevier
22. Tirawattanawanich C, Chantakru S, Nimitsantiwong W and Tongyai S (2011) The effects of tropical environmental conditions on the stress and immune responses of commercial broilers, Thai indigenous chickens, and crossbred chickens. The Journal of Applied Poultry Research 20(4): 409-420.
23. Tripathi A, Debelius J, Brenner DA, Karin M, Loomba R and Schnabl B (2018) The gut–liver axis and the intersection with the microbiome. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology 15(7): 397-411.
24. Van der Most, P. J., de Jong, B., Parmentier, H. K. & Verhulst, S. 2011. Trade-off between growth and immune function: a meta-analysis of selection experiments. Functional Ecology 25: 74-80.
25. Wondmeneh E, Van Arendonk JA, Van der Waaij EH, Ducro BJ and Parmentier HK (2015) High natural antibody titers of indigenous chickens are related with increased hazard in confinement. Poultry Science. 94(7): 1493-8.