عنوان مقاله [English]
Using 350 Ross broiler chickens, the effect of licorice extract (LE), probiotic, antifungal and boiler litter biochar on performance of broiler chickens fed aflatoxin B1 contaminated diet in a completely randomized design with 7 treatment (negative control (basal diet without aflatoxin and additives), positive control (basal diet + 1 mg aflatoxin B1 and without additives) and 5 other treatments were positive control with LE (3 and 6 g/kg), Protexin probiotic (0.5 gr), Agrabond (0.5 gr/kg) and biochar toxin binder (10 g/kg)) and 5 replicates (10 birds in each replicate) considered. The treatments were. The result showed that aflatoxin B1 lowered body weight gain and breast relative weight and increased FCR and abdominal fat of broilers (P < 0.05). Broilers fed negative control, 3 g/kg LE and biochar containing diets during the growing period and birds fed negative control and 3 g/kg LE during the entire period had higher BW and lower FCR as compared to other groups (P < 0.05). Negative control diet decreased breast relative weight and tight meat crude protein percent, while all of the additives led to improving these traits since the highest relative weight of breast and tight meat crude protein percent were observed in probiotic and biochar groups respectively (P < 0.05). The highest serum total protein was seen in broilers fed negative control and 3 g/kg LE diets while the lowest serum uric acid was observed in broilers fed negative control, 6 g/kg LE, Agrabond and biochar diets (P < 0.05). In conclusion, licorice extract and broiler litter biochar additives decreased adverse effects of aflatoxin B1 on broiler chickens performance.
10. Istiqumah L, Damayanti E, Julendra H, Suryani AE, Sakti AA and Anggraeni AS (2016) Effect of methionine and lactic acid bacteria as aflatoxin binder on broiler performance. In AIP Conference Proceedings 2017 Jun 26 (Vol. 1854, No. 1, p. 020017). AIP Publishing.
11. Jantapan K, Poapolathep A, Imsilp K, Poapolathep S, Tanhan P, Kumagai S and Usuma J (2017) Inhibitory effects of Thai essential oils on potentially aflatoxigenic Aspergillus parasiticus and Aspergillus flavus. Biocontrol Science 22(1): 31-40.
12. Kana J, Teguia A and Tchoumboue J (2010) Effect of dietary plant charcoal from Canarium schweinfurthii England maize cob on aflatoxin B1 toxicosis in broiler chickens. Advances in Animal Biosciences 1: 462-463.
13. Kapil Jadhav K.S, Katoch S, Sharma V.K and Mane B.G (2015) Probiotics in broiler poultry feeds:A review. Animal Nutrition and Phisiology 1: 4-16.
14. Kumar Dhanapal S, Rao S, Kumar Palahally Govindaraju P, Hukkeri, R and Mathesh K (2014) Ameliorative efficacy of citrus fruit oil in aflatoxicosis in broilers: a growth and biochemical study. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science 38: 207-211.
15. Liu CM, Sun YZ, Sun JM, Ma JQ and Cheng C (2012) Protective role of quercetin against lead-induced inflammatory response in rat kidney throught the ROS-mediated MAPKs and NF-KB pathway. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-General Subjects, 1820(10): 1693-1703.
16. Mehrim AI and Salem MF (2013) Medicinal herbs against aflatoxicosis in nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus): clinical signs, postmortem lesions and liver histopathological changes. Egyption Journal for Aquaculture 3(1): 13-25.
17. Mellor S (2000) Nutraceuticals-alternatives to antibiotics. World's Poultry Science 16: 33-30.
18. Oguz H, Nizmlioglu F, Dinc I, Uney K and Aydin H (2011) Determination of aflatoxin existence in mixed feed wheat flour and bulgur samples. Eurasian Journal of Veterinary Sciences 27: 171-175
19. Ortatatli M, Oguz H, Hatipoglu F and Karaman M (2005) Evaluation of pathological changes in broilers during chronic aflatoxin (50 and 100 ppb) and clinoptilolite exposure. Research in Veterinary Science 78: 61-68.
20. Prasai TP, Walsh KB, Bhattarai SP, Midmore DJ, Van TT, Moore RJ and Stanley D (2016) Biochar, bentonite and zeolite supplemented feeding of layer chickens alters intestinal microbiota and reduces campylobacter load. PloS one 11(4): e0154061.
21. Shi YH, Xu ZR, Feng JL and Wang CZ (2006) Efficacy of modified montmorillonite nanocomposite to reduce the toxicity of aflatoxin in broiler chicks. Animal Feed Science and Technology 129: 138-148.
22. Shotwell OL, Hesseltine CW, Stubblefied RD and Sorenson WG (1996) Production of aflatoxin on rice. Applied Microbiology14: 425-428.
23. Teleb H, Hegazy AA and Hussein YA (2004) Efficiency of Kaolin and activated charcoal to reduce the toxicity of low level of aflatoxin in broilers. Scientific Journal of King Faisal University 5(1): 1425.
24. Tominaga Y, Tatsumasa M, Mitsuaki K, Yoshiro S, Hideyuki I and Nakagawa N (2006) Licorice flavonoid oil effect body weight loss by reduction of body fat mass in overweight subject. Health Science 52: 672-683.
25. Valchev I, Grozeva N, Marutsova and Nikolov Y (2016) Effects of aflatoxin B1 only or co-administered with mycotox ng on liver function in turkey broilers. International Journal of Advanced Research 4(9): 1425-1443.