1 . Amerah AM, Ravindran V and Lentle RG (2009) Influence of insoluble fibre and whole wheat inclusion on the performance, digestive tract development and ileal microbiota profile of broiler chickens. British Poultry Science 50(3): 366-375.
2. AOAC (2000) Official Methods of Analysis, 17th ed. AOAC International, Gaithersburg, MD.
3. ASAE )1995 (Method of determining and expressing fineness of feed materials by sieving. ASAE standard S319.2. Pages 461-462 in Agriculture Engineers Year book of Standards. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MO.
4. Choct M and Sinlae M (2006) Effects of xylanase supplementation on between-bird variation in energy metabolism and the number of Clostridium perfringens in broilers fed a wheat-based diet. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 57(9): 1017-1021.
5. Guinotte F, Gautron J and Nys Y (1995) Calcium solubilization and retention in the gastrointestinal tract in chicks (Gallus domesticus) as a function of gastric acid secretion inhibition and of calcium carbonate particle size. British Journal of Nutrition 73(1): 125-139.
6.GuzmanP, Saldana B, Mandalawi HA, Perez-Bonilla A, Lazaro R and Mateos GG(2015a) Productive performance of brown-egg laying pullets from hatching to 5 weeks of age as affected by fiber inclusion, feed form, and energy concentration of the diet. Poultry Science 94(2): 249-261.
7. Guzman P, Saldana B, Kimiaeitalab MV, Garcia J and Mateos GG (2015b) Inclusion of fiber in diets for brown-egg laying pullets: Effects on growth performance and digestive tract traits from hatching to 17 weeks of age.Poultry Science 94(11): 2722-2733.
8. Jiménez-Moreno E, González-Alvarado JM, González-Serrano A, Lázaro R and Mateos GG (2009) Effect of dietary fiber and fat on performance and digestive traits of broilers from one to twenty-one days of age. Poultry Science 88(12): 2562-2574.
9. Jiménez-Moreno E, González-Alvarado JM, González-Sánchez D, Lázaro R and Mateos GG (2010) Effects of type and particle size of dietary fiber on growth performance and digestive traits of broilers from 1 to 21 days of age. Poultry Science 89(10): 2197-2212.
10. Jiménez-Moreno E, Chamorro S, Frikha M, Safaa HM, Lázaro R and Mateos GG (2011) Effects of increasing levels of pea hulls in the diet on productive performance and digestive traits of broilers from one to eighteen days of age. Animal Feed Science and Technology 168(1-2): 100-112.
11. Jimenez-Moreno E, de Coca-Sinova A, González-Alvarado JM and Mateos GG (2016) Inclusion of insoluble fiber sources in mash or pellet diets for broilers. 1. Effects on growth performance and water intake. Poultry Science 95(1): 41-52.
12. Kimiaeitalab MV, Mirzaie Goudarzi S, Jiménez-Moreno E, Cámara L and Mateos GG (2014) Effect of diet and fiber inclusion on growth performance and digestive tract development of broilers and pullets from 1 to 21 d of age. Poultry Science Association 103rd Annual Meeting, Corpus Christi, Texas. 93(E-Suppl. 1), Pp: 52.
13. Mateos GG, Jiménez-Moreno E, Serrano MP and Lazaro RP (2012)Poultry response to high levels of dietary fiber sources varying in physical and chemical characteristics. The Journal of Applied Poultry Research21(1):156-174.
14. Miller TL and Wolin MJ )1974( A serum bottle modification of the Hungate technique for cultivating obligate anaerobes. Applied Microbiology 27(5): 985-987.
15. Pang Y and Applegate T (2007) Effects of dietary copper supplementation and copper source on digesta pH, calcium, zinc, and copper complex size in the gastrointestinal tract of the broiler chicken.Poultry Science 86(3): 531-537.
16. Rezaei M, Karimi Torshizi MA and Rouzbehan Y (2011) The influence of different levels of micronized insoluble fiber on broiler performance and litter moisture. Poultry Science 90(9): 2008-2012.
17. Ross Broiler Management Manual (2014) Ross 308 Nutrition Specification. Aviagen, UK.
18. Sacranie A, Svihus B, Denstadli V, Moen B, Iji PA and Choct M (2012) The effect of insoluble fiber and intermittent feeding on gizzard development, gut motility, and performance of broiler chickens. Poultry Science 91(3): 693-700.
19. SAS Institute (2004) SAS User’s Guide: Statistics. SAS Institute Inc.
20. Vander Wielen PW, Keuzenkamp DA, Lipman LJ, Van Knapen F and Biesterveld S (2002) Spatial and temporal variation of the intestinal bacterial community in commercially raised broiler chickens during growth. Microbial Ecology 44(3): 286-293.
21. Wang X, Peebles ED, Morgan TW, Harkess RL and Zhai W (2015) Protein source and nutrient density in the diets of male broilers from 8 to 21 d of age: Effects on small intestine morphology. Poultry Science 94(1): 61-67.